Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one >

new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Old 01-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Last I knew, he wasn't doing shotguns anymore, just custom rifles.
he does shotguns the month of January last I heard
RR
Old 01-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Last I knew, he wasn't doing shotguns anymore, just custom rifles.
Last time I talked to Mark he was only doin custom rifles.That was bout 2 yrs ago
Old 01-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Mark Bansner lol... Been awhile since I heard someone drop that name... Friend of mine sent his 835 ulti mag to him back in the 90's and he swore his gun would do what your gun would do... Finally talked him into Us Going out and patterning our guns together... Beings I had a NEF 10ga turkey gun that he named "poor mans turkey gun" he figured his Bansner custom choke and 3.5" shells would make me look like a DA's.... Well my poor mans turkey gun put his custom choke to shame so with that being said Bansner custom work doesn't impress me!!!
For what it's worth.Before there was such a thing as a "TURKEY GUN" We used the same guns to kill turkey as we used to kill squirrel,grouse etc. and 2 3/4" high brass regular field loads.I was young and got caught up in this turkey gun crap(more money than brains) Never did see the need for a 10 ga. though. oh well to each their own
Old 01-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jalvja, that is the same thing he told me over two years ago, the business is strictly rifles and he now for a while has his own synthetic stock that he bought the rights to. His business isn't far from where I live and a lot of my friends had their shotguns back bored and other work done by him when he was in his old location here in Lancaster. I had a shotgun I wanted some stock work done on and when I contacted him he said he is only doing custom rifles.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

he did my valmet turkey gun in '84, he built my 7mmstw in '96 he was located in adamsdale then, his company is now legendary accuracy works and has a different address, prior to the change to LAW he was still doing shotguns, as I checked his websight periodicly. he is one helluva smith
RR
Old 01-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is Adamstown.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I stand corrected, it was adams town,his address now is different
RR
Old 01-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

I don't really see anything being done with this choke that any other will do. Those fellers talk a lot of smack to get you convinced to spend your money. My 870 super mag with a .660 briley choke and 3.5" mag blend is devastating and I have had witness's that saw me shoot birds out at 75 yards and drop in there tracks. That particular bird was videoed on a Wounded Warrior Turkey Hunt. I have taken several birds beyond 50 yards but in no way would I advocate taking shots that far. I prefer 40 or closer. Those super chokes and most ammo promoted are only to get your money. There are on 2 company's that I know of who manufacture a game changer and that is Hevi-Shot and Nitro Customs ammunition. Just my opinion. I am usually at Nashville NWTF national meet and usually hangout with my buddies at brothers in arms game calls. I am just a disabled and retired Soldier with no reason to promote any such business. Oh, by the way I now only turkey hunt with my Pedersoli double barrel BP shotgun. Makes it more sporting.