Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Where has everybody gone?  Kinda sad >

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Old 06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

I love this site and these message boards. I have been a fairly active member for over 11 years now and man has this place died the last 3 to 4 years. I'm not sure why or where everybody went but it is kinda sad. This turkey forum used to be full of hunters, especially in the spring and the archery forum was hopping year round. This year we were only able to have 5 teams in the contest and my team only had 7 or 8 active members. I dont have the answers but I really hope it picks back up. Maybe if we were on tapatalk that would help with so many people on smart phones?

Anyway, you've probably heard enough of my rambling. Just wondering where some of the old timers have gone and hope we can keep getting some new members on here..
Old 06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've only been on the site for 4 1/2 years and it seems like there are plenty of active members posting, but I have no idea how it was in the 7 or 8 years before that when you joined to say what you are.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Ya its pretty sad jepcho ! This and the bowsite were the first hunting sites I ever joined. I used to enjoy coming to this site until recently and was about to quit altogether but decided to hang around a bit longer for a stupid reason and its made me bitter towards this site I hope things pick up for your sake but I am now moving on !
Old 06-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't remember when I first came on to Huntingnet,

However I have found this site a wealth of knowledge over the years, and want to thank all of you for that !!!

One thing; There are 14 different ways to say the same thing, you choose the way you'd like to say it (or hear it ) ??
Old 06-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It would seem like someone that is complaining about the site not being very active and has been on it for over 12 years would have a lot more than 283 posts if they were really interested in it staying good!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was never my intention to start am argument or anything. I'm not complaining, and it is true that there are still some great people and some great new people. There is a lot of information on here. But the numbers are definitely way down and I just think it's kind of a bummer. There was just that much more info on here years back. I was just stating that fact and kinda wondering why that's the case and if there was anything that might change it.

I too am thankful for everybody on here and hope nobody thinks I'm putting anyone down or complaining.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

My comments were not meant for anything you said jepcho! Could be it less active because there are so many more hunting websites than the first few years you were on here?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-01-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-03-2015, 01:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am one of the original members here.I've belonged to this site since it was just a few weeks old.We had a great group here.We had alot of fun.Lots of jokin around,Lots of turkey experience but the main thing is there was no competition among us.Just a group of guys who loved to hunt turkey.Then a few members showed up who thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.If they shot more birds than someone it was cause they were better.If someone shot more than them it was cause that person was huntin TAME birds. There were lots of personal attacks and most of the original guys just got fed up and left.I still check the place out but very seldom make a post.That's pretty much it.Oh yeah,If you notice my join date as 2003,It's because that was the last of two meltdowns this site had.Anti's hacked the site a couple of times.

Last edited by jalvja; 06-03-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jalvja
I am one of the original members here.I've belonged to this site since it was just a few weeks old.We had a great group here.We had alot of fun.Lots of jokin around,Lots of turkey experience but the main thing is there was no competition among us.Just a group of guys who loved to hunt turkey.Then a few members showed up who thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.If they shot more birds than someone it was cause they were better.If someone shot more than them it was cause that person was huntin TAME birds. There were lots of personal attacks and most of the original guys just got fed up and left.I still check the place out but very seldom make a post.That's pretty much it.Oh yeah,If you notice my join date as 2003,It's because that was the last of two meltdowns this site had.Anti's hacked the site a couple of times.
Well spoken jalvja. Been a very long time since the old gang was here. Like you, I try to stop in from time to time as well. haven't seen BT post in quite some time either. Did you guys hook up this season in PA?
Old 06-03-2015, 04:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been on this site for quite some time as well. But, not as long as some of you have been that is for sure.. I am not on here as much as I used to be. I do however come back for the turkey contest and find it a lot of fun.. Whether I get any birds or not does not matter a lot. I have been in some of those not so great situations as well. So I faded away for the most part. After the turkey contest is over I will drift along once again only to return for the contest or a little knowledge on something..

I do find that this site can be a wealth of knowledge for anyone that needs it or wishes to explore other ways of doing things.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-03-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.