Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Anybody turkey hunting this fall >

Anybody turkey hunting this fall

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anybody turkey hunting this fall

Old 09-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Spike

Default Anybody turkey hunting this fall

Minnesota's season starts Oct.4th this will be my first season any tips
Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Figure out where they are feeding then try to be there.
-Jake
Old 09-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just wait for them to show up while I am bowhunting whitetails in my treestand. They are in bigger numbers than the deer here and move around more during the day.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Yes sir, I got a new pup last winter and she's showing a lot of promise, breaking flocks already. Can't wait to shoot a couple with her, planning to hunt in New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Spike

Any of you use Remington nitro turkey loads they any good?
Old 09-23-2015, 05:43 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I just found out I was picked for a WI Fall tag.....so need to go pick that up.

JW
Old 09-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gavinlobland
Any of you use Remington nitro turkey loads they any good?
They patterned bad out of my Benelli Nova and Jelly head choke. Have you tried Hevi shot Mag Blend?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll probably take a couple in CO in Dec off a ranch an old family friend owns. They have a special late season for hens the last 2 weeks of the year. I'd like to put some ground turkey in the freezer.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RPD63
They patterned bad out of my Benelli Nova and Jelly head choke. Have you tried Hevi shot Mag Blend?
Oh i have a maverick 88 with h and s undertaker choke haven't patterned any shot yet
Old 09-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Spike

yup...here in NY it starts OCT 1st. but probably wont be able to get out until the following week. Ive been scouting like crazy lately though...i bring a journal with me and mark where and when i find molted feathers, scrapes, busted up acorns. And its nice to because the deer also share the same trails as well. Still have not found a roost tree. i was NEVER abig fan of fall hunting since i was a kid...but then last year i figured id try it to just to get out and enjoy nature and i came up on a flock...spooked them hopingfor them to come back...but it never happened...it was then that i realized that i could do this..why? it so much more of a challenge so i feel like it would be more rewarding if i bagged my first fall bird this year...more patience...time...and skill. i guess because i love my video games..i love a challenge lmao. good luck to everyone out there this fall!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.