Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Anybody turkey hunting this fall >

Anybody turkey hunting this fall

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anybody turkey hunting this fall

Old 09-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing about fall gobblers that most don't realize is this. They have a complete new set of feathers after the brutal spring mating season. Over the summer, they molt out the old feathers and grow back a complete new set before the coming winter. My taxidermist always told me if you want a flying gobbler mount, try to get a fall gobbler. It won't have any broken wing tips or missing breast feathers. Just a tip!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season opens in less than 2 weeks. I'm getting pretty excited. I normally dont spend a ton of time fall hunting turkeys, but have taken a couple and am excited to give it a try this year again.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Uncle Nicky....What kind of dog do you have? I had a mix setter/pointer that I hunted with for about 2 years (epilepsy so bad we had to do the unthinkable. at about 4 yrs. old). It was a lot of work training him but it was special when he finally got us a couple of birds. Hunting with dogs is extra special.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
They patterned bad out of my Benelli Nova and Jelly head choke. Have you tried Hevi shot Mag Blend?
I use and like the hevi shot mag blend out of my Benelli SBE with custom choke. The only bad thing about them is the price.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Spike

Got a hen today!!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gavinlobland
Got a hen today!!
Congrats!! Lets here the story!
Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jepcho
Congrats!! Lets here the story!
Was walking out to a spot to sit and call walked over the hill about fifteen of the standing 30 yards away lifted up shot took out the biggest one I seen in the group
Old 10-07-2015, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by redmag
Uncle Nicky....What kind of dog do you have? I had a mix setter/pointer that I hunted with for about 2 years (epilepsy so bad we had to do the unthinkable. at about 4 yrs. old). It was a lot of work training him but it was special when he finally got us a couple of birds. Hunting with dogs is extra special.
Maizy Jane Bumpyhead is a pointer/setter/hound mix, lots of guys refer to them as "droppers". She's learning her lessons well. Yes, it is hard work, but I'm confident it will all pay off. Luckily, I've had a lot of help from other turkey doggers as far as training tips and getting together for training & hunts. Most of my training has been basic obedience and teaching her to sit still under a camo bulap.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...psagmhsh6z.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...pseazvo8xy.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...psiztuxrfj.jpg

Last edited by Uncle Nicky; 10-07-2015 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Trying to get pictures to work
Old 11-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Here's Gavin's bird..
-jake
Attached Thumbnails Anybody turkey hunting this fall-04c80e85-4855-4e6d-ac90-ab226b6c4e67.jpg  
Old 11-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats.I too scored this fall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.