Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Where has everybody gone?  Kinda sad >

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Old 08-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Im not sure what the problem is. Id sure like to see the forum grow back into the forum it once was. I know at one time we had over 225 members in the spring turkey contest.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

It used to be nobody was an "expert" unless they were at least 50 miles from home. The internet has changed that. Everybody knows everything and belittle people (sometimes)who express their opinion. Websites are now a way to display annoying ads (I get it) and for people who would otherwise not be able to get an ear to gripe, and for people who aren't necessarily that talented to inflate their egos. There's not trusted credibility on these sites, anymore. Just my opinion. I've viewed this site, but not posted much.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Me too back in the days....contest was huge.....with contestants....now not so much but we still have fun and I still meet new people.

I do think the social media took over more in place of webs. I belong to a few like the Grouse Society, Woodcock Int. etc, where I converse on FB. Also the Chatroom here is dead that was a riot back in the day. Things progress people change.

One thing hasn't changed though - there still is a wealth of information here if one wants to read. And there still is people here who can help if on gets stuck.
And new ideas keep coming forth as each year I learn something new.

JW
Old 08-27-2015, 06:12 AM
Spike

Honestly I joined last year, and last year was my first partial year of hunting. I was doing a lot of scouting and not very much hunting. I posted of few threads in the forums and there were a few gentlemen who were VERY kind and helpful, and there were a few that were very rude. I came back due to the couple of people who were helpful. But i can see why there may or may not be any new comers. This is the most active forum I have joined by far. But some of my posts get ignored as well as replied to with snotty comments instead of encouraging words and help. This is just my point of view on the situation. But i do want to say thank you VERY much to the people who were kind enough to reply and help. it means a lot being in my first full year of hunting. HAPPY HUNTING and hope to hear from some of you gentlemen!
Old 08-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jrichard6817
Honestly I joined last year, and last year was my first partial year of hunting. I was doing a lot of scouting and not very much hunting. I posted of few threads in the forums and there were a few gentlemen who were VERY kind and helpful, and there were a few that were very rude. I came back due to the couple of people who were helpful. But i can see why there may or may not be any new comers. This is the most active forum I have joined by far. But some of my posts get ignored as well as replied to with snotty comments instead of encouraging words and help. This is just my point of view on the situation. But i do want to say thank you VERY much to the people who were kind enough to reply and help. it means a lot being in my first full year of hunting. HAPPY HUNTING and hope to hear from some of you gentlemen!

Very interesting comments that don't appear to be correct! I just went back and read all the threads you made your 46 posts in and only saw one comment that seemed to be negative. In that instance the member came back and explained what he meant in his first post when he was questioned about it because his initial explanation was taken incorrectly. Every other post made by a lot of different members, including myself, were all very positive, helpful posts trying to answer your questions and help you become a good hunter!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-27-2015 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Very interesting comments that don't appear to be correct! I just went back and read all the threads you made your 46 posts in and only saw one comment that seemed to be negative. In that instance the member came back and explained what he meant in his first post when he was questioned about it because his initial explanation was taken incorrectly. Every other post made by a lot of different members, including myself, were all very positive, helpful posts trying to answer your questions and help you become a good hunter!
Soooo your going to read everyone's post and correct them, unreal!!!Maybe he was talking about reading posts made and the few fudpuckers we have on here always have something to say. We seem to have like 3-4 experts on everything talked about on this website, reguardless of the topic, they are experts!!!!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

There are alot of positive posts on here but as of late it seems the sarcasm has really increased. But hey its the internet.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
Soooo your going to read everyone's post and correct them, unreal!!!Maybe he was talking about reading posts made and the few fudpuckers we have on here always have something to say. We seem to have like 3-4 experts on everything talked about on this website, reguardless of the topic, they are experts!!!!
Your last post was sarcastic, so I guess you fit right in, LOL! Nope, just read his post that was complete BS in what he stated and I verified it by doing what I did. You can do the same if you have time, which I did after I read it. Maybe after you have been in the outdoors doing just about everything there is related to hunting and shooting for over 60 years like several others have that post here you'll have enough knowledge to give plenty of advice on things, rather than to just post negative crap like you just did. Read EXACTLY what he said and then do what I did and you'll come to the same conclusion because nobody gave him anything but good advice on ANY thread he was on and THAT contradicts what his comment was and, therefore, his comment WAS incorrect just like I mentioned.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-28-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You've proven his point for him; well done. I would probably chalk the comment you just made as "rude."
Old 08-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by woodenb14
You've proven his point for him; well done. I would probably chalk the comment you just made as "rude."
Just chalk it up as the truth and get on with life! There sure seems to be some real wimps with thin skin on this site that have to cry every time something is said that they don't quite agree with. You know you can skip posts or even put people on Ignore if you have a problem with them don't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.