Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Where has everybody gone?  Kinda sad >

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Old 06-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Bingo well said +100
They are highly opinionated and to me it has chased people away!

JW
That's a fact! Chased a good one away recently.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just about fainted when I read this post and my name didn't pop up... I'm sure that's because BT didn't chime in lol...

Your gonna have drama on public forums that's just human nature...

Damn I joined in 2003 I guess that makes me one of the originals huh

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 06-12-2015 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do miss the camaraderie of a select few here!The knowledge was priceless and still is to those who have had the patience to stick it out with the all knowledgeables!I'll stick to the turkey woods where I started in the first place,no better classroom in the world!Bigole gobblers have a positive way of keeping ya humble!!😉
Old 06-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Spike

Wish we could keep active ,grow up with this forum .
Old 06-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well I just happened back on this site while websurfing. I had forgotten about this one and I really don't recall when I was here last.
I'll make it a point to stop by much more often. It's good to see maytom still alive and kicking, that's a name I haven't seen in a loooong time.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not real active posting here in the turkey section because I only have 3 years and 1 bird experience, but I read here allot trying to learn. A few individuals have "chased" allot of the old and many of the new posters away. A new memeber signs up and makes a post and immediately gets jumped on by someone, no wonder they don't stick around. I stick around because there are some really good and knowledgeable posters here. And because I hope it improves.
I think *********** may be part of the issue too. SOme other forums seem MUCH easier to use on the smartphone than this one is. So I don't ever use this one from my phone.
-Jake
Old 06-30-2015, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
A few individuals have "chased" allot of the old and many of the new posters away. A new memeber signs up and makes a post and immediately gets jumped on by someone, no wonder they don't stick around.
I think every internet site has a couple of "know it all" types. This site just happens to be infested with a couple of guys that have nothing better to do with their lives.

I mostly ignore them but they are rough on anyone that does not acknowledge their wisdom in all matters.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

(Oh please, oh please don't let them be pointing at me)

It's been a while since I checked in. I use to come through here quite a bit but have slowed down as the board slowed down. I know myself and a couple of long timers here have had disagreements but I have never taken it personal. I don't like personal attacks either but I think that is the direction that we are seeing all of social media go. People don't respect each other anymore.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

From the looks of some of the posts I've just read on different topics, looks like the same dips**ts are still after it. I wonder if they have asked the question, why are we the only ones talking on here, hahaha.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The decrease in participation in the spring contest is a bit of a downer. Is it because of social media? Fewer turkey hunters out there? As I understand it, wild turkey numbers are near, or at historical highs.

It was a bit harder than I thought, getting this year's stickers given away. I just dunno.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.