Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Where has everybody gone?  Kinda sad >

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jalvja
Still kickin my friend.Just not as high.How's the family doin?
doin good, the girl is drivin, graduates next year. glad to see your still around, take care!
RR
Old 06-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Paul,We didn't get together in Pa. or Ontario this yr.First time that has happened in 15 yrs or so.We did hook up and hunted a day together in Florida

Jimbow, glad to hear your still around. Say hello to BT for me next time you see him!!
Old 06-05-2015, 12:26 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jepcho
It was never my intention to start am argument or anything. I'm not complaining, and it is true that there are still some great people and some great new people. There is a lot of information on here. But the numbers are definitely way down and I just think it's kind of a bummer. There was just that much more info on here years back. I was just stating that fact and kinda wondering why that's the case and if there was anything that might change it.

I too am thankful for everybody on here and hope nobody thinks I'm putting anyone down or complaining.
Good to see to see you here jep!

And just disregard a few here who have come as of late and think they know everything! Hardly ever offer a good word and just like to complain.

JW
Old 06-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think my biggest pet peeve on here was the disrespect shown by some.I've seen people post pictures of jakes only to have someone try to belittle them cause it was a jake.Length of shots is another point that gets people fired up.It's ok for us to disagree.But there is no reason for personal attacks. I got attacked on here once cause I used a gobble call to help me take a bird.I'm no dummy(matter of opinion) I know when and where I can use that call SAFELY.But this guy acted like I commited a crime.OK,My rant is over.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not been on this forum all that long. I like it. As hunting forums go, this one is a darn good. Yep, there are a few issues now and then but tons of good advice. I have tried out the advice of several guys and for the most part the info has been spot on.

I try to offer advice based upon my first hand experience. And i hope that when I am not in agreement with others I hope that I have not come across poorly. I'm pretty much straight to the point and I know that can come across harsh at times. Anyway, good forum and hope it stays healthy.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mojotex
I have not been on this forum all that long. I like it. As hunting forums go, this one is a darn good. Yep, there are a few issues now and then but tons of good advice. I have tried out the advice of several guys and for the most part the info has been spot on.

I try to offer advice based upon my first hand experience. And i hope that when I am not in agreement with others I hope that I have not come across poorly. I'm pretty much straight to the point and I know that can come across harsh at times. Anyway, good forum and hope it stays healthy.
Thanks Mojo and you are correct....reason I am here is to learn and help others not make the mistakes I made. That is how we learn.

And jalvja ~ I also use a gobble call at times as there is a place for it in the arsenal of coaxing Tommy Three Toes to you. I have had success when after using a hen call the boss hen just took the tom away. A Gobble call brought the hens back which brought the tom(s) into range. You do need to be careful. As you might call in other hunters but there is a time and place for everything.
Good to see you both back.

JW

Last edited by JW; 06-06-2015 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think my biggest pet peeve on here was the disrespect shown by some.I've seen people post pictures of jakes only to have someone try to belittle them cause it was a jake.Length of shots is another point that gets people fired up.It's ok for us to disagree.But there is no reason for personal attacks. I got attacked on here once cause I used a gobble call to help me take a bird.I'm no dummy(matter of opinion) I know when and where I can use that call SAFELY.But this guy acted like I commited a crime.OK,My rant is over.
I know exactly what you mean. There were some guys on here that had no respect for others. I dont consider those types to be true turkey hunters. I hope most of those guys are gone and if not, I'd hope the moderators can do something about it. I think of myself as a turkey hunter, and I love to hear from and talk to other turkey hunters. Whether discussing strategies or telling stories, and as long as it's legal, for the most part I am going to happy for somebody no matter how they take a bird. Minus maybe roost shooting and rifle hunting, I've tried most strategies that are legal myself.

JW, glad to be here on this site. I still enjoy coming on here and especially being in the contest. Hopefully the numbers in that can pick back up. Wasn't too long ago and we had 20+ teams. It was still a lot of fun this year but slower with only 5 teams.

Last edited by jepcho; 06-06-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jepcho
I know exactly what you mean. There were some guys on here that had no respect for others. I dont consider those types to be true turkey hunters. I hope most of those guys are gone and if not, I'd hope the moderators can do something about it. I think of myself as a turkey hunter, and I love to hear from and talk to other turkey hunters. Whether discussing strategies or telling stories, and as long as it's legal, for the most part I am going to happy for somebody no matter how they take a bird. Minus maybe roost shooting and rifle hunting, I've tried most strategies that are legal myself.
My thoughts exactly Jepcho.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

I don't remember when I joined but it was by far better back then. Problem now is a few that have joined recently seem to have a sarcastic answer for everything someone asks or shows off. Your right turkey contest used to be big here, now can't get anyone to join teams. Once the know- it-alls shut up or log out a decent conversation can be had. But some jack wagon telling me or someone else they're doing it all wrong but couldn't do it themselves is probably main reason people are leaving. Not hard to figure who you are either. There are some great people on here with a wealth of information willing to chime in and give a suggestion but some to quick to judge and prosecute.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:56 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
I don't remember when I joined but it was by far better back then. Problem now is a few that have joined recently seem to have a sarcastic answer for everything someone asks or shows off. Your right turkey contest used to be big here, now can't get anyone to join teams. Once the know- it-alls shut up or log out a decent conversation can be had. But some jack wagon telling me or someone else they're doing it all wrong but couldn't do it themselves is probably main reason people are leaving. Not hard to figure who you are either. There are some great people on here with a wealth of information willing to chime in and give a suggestion but some to quick to judge and prosecute.
Bingo well said +100
And there isn't much I can do about it but watch. Those users hover in the Gray area of the HNI Rules. Rarely do they have a good word for anybody but are the first to jump on the 'dog pile' and stir up trouble.
They are highly opinionated and to me it has chased people away!

JW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.