Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
turkey diaphragm call recommendations? >

turkey diaphragm call recommendations?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey diaphragm call recommendations?

Old 01-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Spike

Default turkey diaphragm call recommendations?

I was wondering what everyone's recommendations are? I was thinking these two made by Primo:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

But they are a bit pricey compared to others and if they are worth the money as they seem to be towards the top of the price range for this kind of call. As their is a lot of them around the 2$ to 5$ range.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO these are the easiest ones to "learn" with - dome places the call just off the roof of your mouth.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...tm_campaign=CI
Old 01-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Spike

The blue one in the 2 pack is the Ghost cut and IMHO one of the easiest diaphragm calls to learn.

The price for the 2PK you are looking at is a really good price at walmart they cost around $12.50 or so for just one call.

I have owned both and I could do nothing with the other call in the 2 pack you are looking at but the blue one with the ghost cut was rather user friendly but it takes quit a bit of air to get good sound out of this call. But I still have 2 and really like them!!!

I recently purchased a Tom Teasers Cracked Corn ghost cut and it doesn't take no where near as much air to make the call sound really good which is a plus when you are getting up close and personal with a tom.

The Tom Teasers mouth calls are $9.00 each and shipping is $5.95 no matter how many items you order. They have excellent pot calls with the Aluminum being my favorite. Check them out at www.tomteasers.com Some of the calls are pricey when you conmpare to wal-mart or the low priced lines of turkey calls but it is more than worth it.

I have 2 slate, 2 glass and 1 aluminum pot call, 3 diaphragm calls and plan to order more because everything I have ordered has been top notch and worked great for me.

Last edited by bigc870; 01-19-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a big fan of Hooks Calls. Great folks to deal with and top notch customer service. The owner (Scott) will do anything he can to make you happy. I think his mouth calls sell for $5.75.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a knight and hale fan myself. I absolutely love the kh 013. Thought about trying a hooks call, never used them but I hear their good.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Hooks Calls...Scott can make it any way you want.

Gman
Old 01-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hooks and Perfection Calls is all I use on diaphragm calls.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

H.S. Strut calls bring em in and are comfortable to use
Old 01-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gamblinman
Hooks Calls...Scott can make it any way you want.

Gman
Unless you live in Canada !
Old 01-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Jim at Warbird Turkey Calls makes some nice custom mouth calls !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.