HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Tag soup (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/392980-tag-soup.html)

buckman11 07-15-2014 11:06 AM

Tag soup

this is a subject i hate posting but i'm afraid my season amounted to tag soup:sad0064: how bout the rest of ya. howd your season go?

Arrowmaster 07-15-2014 03:37 PM

Tag soup for me too...

BowGuide23 07-16-2014 12:03 AM

Tagged out the first day, three birds in 3 different counties with my Hoyt. Where you guys hunt

Phil from Maine 07-16-2014 01:35 AM

I had a great season even though the birds were tough hunting.. It was a very remarkable year for me.. It surely was a season I will never forget about. As on one of my hunts I had 3 moose walk in and check out my decoys.. One of the things about it was it was a cow with 2 yearlings. That was something I have never seen in the spring during any of my hunting or fishing trips.. A cow and 2 calfs would not be out of the ordinary. Anyhow I shot my first tom on opening day and blew it on my second bird the very next day. That bird I have been trying to get for the last 2 years and then I blew it. I did get another decent tom during the third week of our season and tagged out. Now not one of these birds gobbled back and was tough getting them to come in.. But as always the main thing is to get out there and enjoy it.. Whether you scored or not. There is a lot of folks I am sure would love to have even part of a day to be able to get out there away from it all. Having a chance to score anything is only a bonus to enjoying the great outdoors.

On a side note I wrote a short story up about my turkey hunting and the moose that checked out my decoys for American Expedition and it will be getting put out in their October issue even though I am not much of a righter.. They loved my story..

Timbrhuntr 07-16-2014 06:16 AM

Although I usually hate to pile on top of a poor guy that had a tough time you did ask so. I had another awesome season in the turkey woods. I killed 8 toms in 6 states and 1 province. Shot my heaviest bird, longest spurred bird and and a triple bearded bird. Only down side if you could call it that is I was one bird short of a single season grand slam but did manage to complete my second grand slam.

JoeA 07-16-2014 12:53 PM

Zilch here too.

nchawkeye 07-16-2014 04:13 PM

Not bad....

bald9eagle 07-27-2014 11:17 PM

I went 2 for 3 with a double off the wall, a single, and a line drive out to the shortstop.

Some of my buddies had great seasons. Two of them limited out. One (who shall remain nameless) took 7 or 8 (limit is 5). I give him grief but at least he took every one of them in different places. I really would have been put out if he had worn one area out. In the end I think they came from 4 different counties and no two came from the same area.

JW 07-28-2014 04:51 AM

Buddie? I call it poacher and would turn him in! :(

AND In an instant as he stole from you too.

Dave............JW

leo new 07-28-2014 09:10 AM

i have an awesome fried tag with gravy recipe. yummm.

my season was totally weird, something goofy happened every time i went out. bull dozers at dawn, passed out drunks, a land slide, and a pack of wild dogs attacked my decoy.

i'm sure it will be funny... someday.