Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
It has been a great season for me.. >

It has been a great season for me..

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

It has been a great season for me..

Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default It has been a great season for me..

Hi all, This season has been a great one for me.. The very first day I was able to tag a nice tom. The second day I was able to watch a couple of deer feeding from my blind while trying to call in a turkey. Then after calling from my blind I had a big tom come into around 40 yards and he froze up on me. I decided to try and get him.. I blew it with a complete miss.. I shot to high I figured. I did see this tom the next day as he ran and flew off on me. So I was glad he was ok..

During the season I was able to see several deer, hawks, and moose.. But i also had very few gobbles from the toms. I did get to see a decent amount of toms to boot along with only 3 jakes.. I passed up on those jakes and then this week was debating on trying to get one of those.. That all changed this morning when I was blessed with the chance at another decent tom.. Now that I am tagged out I wish others out there success as well.

This year I had my 2 first.. Just this past Monday I had 3 moose walk by at around 10 feet of my blind.. That was very neat to have happened. Then I was able to get 2 decent toms which is a first as well. I have tagged out now for 4 years in a row! This time I had no jakes and never even saw another bearded hen.. So this year I concider myself blessed enjoying my time out in the great outdoors! Now it is time for fishing to take place.. Good luck everyone and enjoy your time out in the great outdoors we all enjoy!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-25-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy for ya Phil! You're a good dude and it makes me happy when my friends have a good season. I too had a really good season! Congrats again!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is what makes turkey hunting so great, learning and experiencing different ways to hunt them...

And then a bird comes along that breaks the mold and you lay awake at night trying to figure out how to bring him in...

It's great!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys..

It is great to be able to get just one of them even! those birds are smart and pretty wise.. But, they get like an old buck during rut and mess up from time to time..
Old 05-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Glad you had a great year Phil!!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Phil,

Congrats ,sounds like a banner year to me. I took most of
the middle of the season off to catch up on work. I'll be
out several times next week to try for a second bird.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You had a great season Phil.Congrats
Old 05-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the awesome season !!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by w123t
Phil,

Congrats ,sounds like a banner year to me. I took most of
the middle of the season off to catch up on work. I'll be
out several times next week to try for a second bird.
Yes it was and thanks! And good luck at getting your second tag filled. I have found that less people were hunting birds up here after those first couple of weeks. But, the birds were call shy and nothing really gobbled very well for me.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you everyone! I had hunted hard to try and make it happen.. I have enjoyed every day of it as well..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.