Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Who makes a smaller size hen decoy? Mine are way to large! >

Who makes a smaller size hen decoy? Mine are way to large!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who makes a smaller size hen decoy? Mine are way to large!

Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Spike

Default Who makes a smaller size hen decoy? Mine are way to large!

I was looking at my hen decoys over the past few days and I have seen several hens and every one of them is much smaller than my decoys. Other than one hen that was really small the rest looked to be fully grown.

I had a gobbler that was headed in and he seen my decoys which where bigger than he was and he just turned and got out of there. It may have been he has been "educated" or the fact that the hens where bigger that he was. He was an adult gobbler.

I think they are she mobile hens but I am not for sure.

Are there any brands out there that run smaller than most decoys? I don't want a blow up decoy because of I think they would be easy for them to get a whole or tear, also I don't spend an arm and leg on a decoy.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

avian is gonna be the closest thing to a real hen as you can get...if you can get over the price
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckman11
avian is gonna be the closest thing to a real hen as you can get...if you can get over the price
They look great and you have to get over the price, but I think they are worth it. I use a she mobile for years and never had any problems
Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I was going to spend that much on them I would spring in a little extra and get a couple of Dave Smith decoys.. They look realistic and no doubt would help you bring some in with hardly any calling..
Old 05-06-2014, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone have experience with this decoy?