Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Day off

Old 05-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Day off

My wife had the day off so while I am at work she got up and went to some public ground that we have hunted together. She never even took a call, she said she dont know how to use them anyway. Only thing she took was one of my hen decoys. She heard a gobble on the roost, when it flew down she heard it again and could tell it was moving away so she got around in front of it, put the decoy out and sit down. She could hear the bird getting closer but had to indure 6 different hens walking by and finally at 8 am two toms came in and only 1 left! I am very proud of her!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Hey that's great!!! Congrats to your wife
Old 05-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very impressive. Congrats to her.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

This wasnt her first but was the first one she done on her own from start to finish. She even cleaned it and and cut it up and put it in the freezer before I got home. I got one sunday that we are still eating so hers had to be froze.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

she happen to have a sister who is a deaf/mute and owns a liquour store, and also a nice bass boat?.....yeah its a long shot I know.
anyways, congrats to the mrs for getting it done.
RR
Old 05-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
she happen to have a sister who is a deaf/mute and owns a liquour store, and also a nice bass boat?.....yeah its a long shot I know.
anyways, congrats to the mrs for getting it done.
RR
Now that made me laugh! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by grinder67
This wasnt her first but was the first one she done on her own from start to finish. She even cleaned it and and cut it up and put it in the freezer before I got home. I got one sunday that we are still eating so hers had to be froze.

Do you cook the whole thing all at once?

I debone mine and separate it into about 6 or 7 different freezer bags, the perfect serving sizes for dinner. This way, we can have turkey nuggets every couple of months, and it should last until right before the next year's turkey season. Bag two turkeys and you can have it once a month. Throw in a couple of deer and you are eating wild game year round.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

This amazing woman have a twin sister who also likes to fish & has her own flashy bassboat?
Old 05-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jmedenf
Do you cook the whole thing all at once?

I debone mine and separate it into about 6 or 7 different freezer bags, the perfect serving sizes for dinner. This way, we can have turkey nuggets every couple of months, and it should last until right before the next year's turkey season. Bag two turkeys and you can have it once a month. Throw in a couple of deer and you are eating wild game year round.
The breast we cut up the size of a chicken nugget and deep fry them. We do seperate in a couple different bags. She preasure cooks the legs and makes turkey and noodles or pulls the meat off and puts BBQ sauce on it to make BBQ sandwiches.
She does have 2 sisters but both are married and none of them own a bass boat.LOL!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

slice the breast, pound it with a tenderizing hammer, dredge in flour season to taste and fry, tastes like pork loin only better, thighs and drumsticks go for turkey salad here.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.