Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Federal Premium Heavyweight Warning. >

Federal Premium Heavyweight Warning.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Federal Premium Heavyweight Warning.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Spike

HL, thanks for the replies - great info on checking on my barrel and I plan on it this week before I fire it again. Yes, I agree great customer service is the way to set yourself apart especially in the hunting/firearms industry.

mrl0004, the rep @ IC mentioned the switch and said they'd had great results with the stainless steel since. He said they think they have pinpointed this to a bad batch of ss from the fall but said it's frustrating because they aren't able to address until consumers contact them. (Seems to me they'd benefit from utilizing batch #'s on their chokes for recall purposes). Thanks for the input.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always thought that .665 was to tight for anything other than lead... Seems like people are ignoring this and having prob with chokes splitting... Hmmmmmm
Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CJMart
Just an update. Spoke to Indian Creek this morning and they said they think they ran a bad batch of steel around the fall and have slowly got a few calls here and there on some of their Benelli chokes. Looks like it could have been the combination of wad and bad steel, maybe? Gentleman @ IC was very apologetic and is next day mailing me a new tube. (The shipping cost of which was nearly the price of the new tube) Great customer service from the guys @ IC matched with the patterns I was throwing on Saturday with my Black Diamond Strike choke may have made a customer for life out of me.
You're warning should read "Indian Creek Choke Warning" It ain't the load, it's the choke.

It isn't just one batch, they've had numerous chokes over several years that have cracked.

Last edited by Gamblinman; 05-03-2014 at 07:56 AM.