Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Late spring this year

Old 04-02-2014, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still have a good 2 feet on the level here. I got home from Florida and had to take up the carpet in the basement because of water so Spring must be close! Not impressed to say the least ...
Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I am teaching a Learn to Hunt Program Friday and thent he students get to turkey hunt Saturday - Free.
And we are under a Winter Storm Warning till late Friday night.....

Dang!

JW
Old 04-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you are able to get the students out on a turkey hunt JW.. I do not like the news of this new storm either..

Our last one came in as rain and then it extended itself to an extra day.. It came in as all rain and freezing rain the first day and night ofit. Then when it was supposed to end it came back around to freezing rain and sleet. The during the night all snow which left us with around 7 inches of it. The past 2 days though has been up in the 40 range.. I am hoping it stays above freezing for the most part..
Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Toms were gobbling good yesterday morning in
mid coastal Maine and again last night as they went
to roost. About 90 % bare ground here with just
patches of snow remaining. My friend in Northern
Maine says the snow is still half away up the
telephone poles, if he is Turkey hunting up there
on April 28th it will be on snow shoes.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is 48 out right now so hopefully it will be in the 50s today.. But yeah in this area the snow is still 3 feet deep in the woods here.. Take a drive up threw Washington County and you can see how deep the snow is.. Rain would surely be a good thing if it is light and foggy.. The snow will be pretty well gone if the temps stay up the way it is right now.. It should be prime hunting for us the first week. That is what I am predicting.. We have no bare fields right now but that can change rather quickly with the warmer temps..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I took a drive this morning heading up to where I normally turkey hunt at.. Yup, still a lots of snow in that area as I had figured there would be. I did get to see 16 deer out where there was patches of bare ground. Also saw a woodcock which is the first one of the year for me to see. On the way back a hawk flying around looking for a lunch. It was different for the place to be like that after the last few years of it being bare by now..

Here is what a lot of the drive looks like right now..
Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

In the 60's this week, and 50's next week. Finally saw 5 strutters yesterday! Looking like a late spring will be a good thing!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Teebugg
In the 60's this week, and 50's next week. Finally saw 5 strutters yesterday! Looking like a late spring will be a good thing!
Exactly what I am thinking as well.. Our season up here opens on April 28th so there is still plenty of time for the snow to leave..