Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Avain X

Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Default Avain X

Was thinking about picking one if the breeder hens. Do any of you hunt with these? I was wanting to know how packable they are, or are they to bulky to carry around all day.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ive been thinking about doing the same thing EFH
Old 03-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seen them, want them, wish I could afford them !

Best decoys out there without needing a second mortgage on your house IMO - LOL !

Currently using "Pretty Boy & Pretty Girl", but I have customized Pretty Boy by using a "real" fan tail and cut slots into the body and insert "real" fanned wings.

http://www.carrylitedecoys.com/catal...d=TurkeyDecoys

I probably scare off young birds, but the long beards can't help themselves !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-13-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just ordered the breeder... Will let ya know
Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

I've got one of the "Lookers" that I've had for a couple seasons. They aren't terrible but they don't pack like a foam decoy, that's for sure. I love the look of them.

They can be a little bulky. I usually carry mine in the bag that came with it until near the end of last season when the strap broke. I guess I'll pack it in my vest. I never let all the air out of it and roll it up. I also don't carry it every time I go. I bought it primarily to use at Oakmulgee where all the prescribed burning makes some places WIDE open.

Short version....I like it but wouldn't carry it in the woods every day. It stays in the truck and comes out in situational hunts.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Thanks bald9eagle, that's exactly what I needed to hear. Good to to see ya on too! You ready for Saturday brudda!?

Mr.Longbeard, I'm sure I'll be seeing a post of you and a big cold Longbeard on here before too long! Let me know how she dose

I don't carry deeks on every hunt, but like them in big fields or power lines ect.... Would still like to hear from a few more of y'all. I know a lot of you live in the turkey woods like I do and I really like getting the pros and cons from you.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
I've got one of the "Lookers" that I've had for a couple seasons. They aren't terrible but they don't pack like a foam decoy, that's for sure. I love the look of them.

They can be a little bulky. I usually carry mine in the bag that came with it until near the end of last season when the strap broke. I guess I'll pack it in my vest. I never let all the air out of it and roll it up. I also don't carry it every time I go. I bought it primarily to use at Oakmulgee where all the prescribed burning makes some places WIDE open.

Short version....I like it but wouldn't carry it in the woods every day. It stays in the truck and comes out in situational hunts.
Just got mine a few weeks ago, very nice, but prob. not the easiest thing to carry around all day. Def. recommend them, they're super realistic!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have one... it has worked well with the few field hunts I have used it on..
Old 03-13-2014, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle

Thanks for your honest reply. Figured that by the looks of them. That's why I'm glad I have the Feather-Flex brand. very light weight and foldable for a decoy bag. besides being MUCH cheaper too!!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 AM
Spike

I've been using decoys almost every hunt for the last few years, as the new property I hunt is almost all field and what woods there are on the property lack any sort of low brush or cover. Plus, I take a cameraman with me who is still learning the definition of sit still, so I almost need dekes to keep the birds eyes off us. I just ordered a set of avian x decoys including the jake and the three different hens, thanks to the combination of a hefty discount and the fact the decoys I've inherited have all seen better days. If they're as good quality as people claim, I'm hoping I won't need to buy another decoy for many, many years any so why not just get the better looking ones. So come next week when I get them, I'll be able to make a comment on them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.