HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Russell turkey hunter boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/389844-russell-turkey-hunter-boots.html)

Mr. Longbeard 02-21-2014 06:48 AM

Russell turkey hunter boots

Holy mackerel what in the world are they made of lol... I'd like to get a pair but I need to take a second mortgage on my house!!!

Does anybody have a pair? And if so what the heck do you do for a living lol

Adrian J Hare 02-22-2014 03:53 PM

Matter of fact Yes I do have a pair and they far pass any other I have had and I have had others...

JW 02-22-2014 06:42 PM

WellI agree they certainly have gone up but my grouse boots are Russells, I have both insulated lug sole and the non insulated South 40s and my dog judging boots are Russells (have used a pair since 1994 and still have them in use).

Very high quality leather and you pay for what you get. I have had Rockies last about a half year before they leaked and were junked.

JW

SouthernStrut56 02-22-2014 09:24 PM

Yeah I just looked up how much those are. $477? Come on now, be serious. There's no sense in that at all and anybody who buys those has to know that. Right? That's nothing but a bunch of crooks making leather boots. They're nice and shiny too......perfect for turkey hunting (Rodney Dangerfield eyes rolling). You gonna buy some $500 boots that are all nice and shiny, then go out hunting a riverbottom and walk them through ankle deep mud? Then what? Go home and shine them back up for your next hunt? Or let them stay muddy? Guess what....a $500 pair of mud covered boots is the equivalent to a $100 pair of mud covered boots......only the person wearing the $100 pair is likely a little bit smarter than the other poor guy who is walking around wearing $500 worth of mud covered leather. Makes no sense. I like how they appeal to turkey hunters by simply calling them "Turkey Hunting Boots". Nice marketing strategy. If I was just dying to spend $477, I would just send a blank check for $477 to a random address and be happier. At least I would know that whoever got it would likely put it to better use than I would on some boots that I don't need. Maybe if I was a country singer, I would buy some $1000 gator skin boots or something......but never would I spend that much for some boots that will be covered in mud all the time. Never. Nobody needs these.

RPD63 02-23-2014 08:47 AM

That's a lot for a pair of boots. I love good quality products but I can't see me ever paying $477 for footwear.

JW 02-23-2014 11:20 AM

Hey each to their own all I said is I don't have the turkey boots but do have others and
for me to have well over a 20 yr old pr of Russell boots still in service, which is far more cost effective than buying boots every other yr

They are custom boots made to order your size foot. Not off the shelf let's see it they fit.
Made is USA too as far as I know.

So as I said each to their own.

JW

SouthernStrut56 02-23-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by JW (Post 4124277)
Hey each to their own all I said is I don't have the turkey boots but do have others and
for me to have well over a 20 yr old pr of Russell boots still in service, which is far more cost effective than buying boots every other yr

They are custom boots made to order your size foot. Not off the shelf let's see it they fit.
Made is USA too as far as I know.

So as I said each to their own.

JW

That's right, to each their own. They sound like very good quality boots and I don't doubt that. But come on.....$477? I just can't get over that. If I pay that much for something I dang sure ain't walking through mud in them. For $500 I'd have to wear them to church every Sunday with my pants neatly tucked in and sit on the front row. $500......no way jack.

bald9eagle 02-23-2014 05:35 PM

Can you imagine a pair of those in an Alabama swamp bottom?

SouthernStrut56 02-23-2014 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by bald9eagle (Post 4124338)
Can you imagine a pair of those in an Alabama swamp bottom?

My thoughts exactly Matt. I'd miss out on a lot of birds for worry that I'd scratch em up or step in a cow pile. My wife would be inspecting them with a magnifying glass and a ruler for cuts and tread wear every time I got home from a hunt!

Mr. Longbeard 02-24-2014 07:50 AM

Those boots are definitely the shizzle... But I can't afford them!!! I were schnees...