Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Russell turkey hunter boots >

Russell turkey hunter boots

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Russell turkey hunter boots

Old 02-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What in the hell are you all talking about ? If you can not afford them who gives a rats behind ! but to attack others because they have them ! you guys are showing baby like crys about crap ! Grow Up !
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Are they really all that Adrian? I looked at them at Nashville but the price tag got me. I guess most of us are used to buying a new pair of boots every 3-4 years (if you are a real turkey hunter that is!) I know folks that might own a pair for 8-10 years but they don't put the miles on 'em like I do.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned them for like 6 maybe 7 years and I have never seen anyone yet keep up with me while in the field and believe me I walk and talk. Never had to pay for them either, because they were bought for me as a Guiding tip , something you would not spend a lot of money on if you were not successful but I do not have to give that info out because its always taken the wrong way....
Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

like I said they are definitely nice boots!!! I would love to own a pair... but aint no way im spending 500bucks on those bad boys lol...

if they dropped the price about 200-250 bucks I might be wearing a pair
Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
My thoughts exactly Matt. I'd miss out on a lot of birds for worry that I'd scratch em up or step in a cow pile. My wife would be inspecting them with a magnifying glass and a ruler for cuts and tread wear every time I got home from a hunt!
Buwhahahaha........miss a lot of birds....step in cow do-do and man your wife cleans your boots?
Good women there.

Say what brand decoy do you use am curious?

JW
Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
Buwhahahaha........miss a lot of birds....step in cow do-do and man your wife cleans your boots?
Good women there.

Say what brand decoy do you use am curious?

JW
Me? I don't use decoys. Why?
Old 03-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

$500 boots, $1200 shotguns, $40/box turkey loads whats the difference!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:40 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Boots will last longer with you once your in the ground than paper money will!
So yes you can take them with you!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Wow. They look nice.

But five hundred samolians for a pair of boots to wander through mud and stuff with?

OTOH, you DO tend to get what you pay for, they are comfortable by all accounts, and if they last three times as long as others, they would be worth it.

I am intrigued...but I have some Danner Jackals that I am really, really happy with, and some Chippewas that are great for heavy-duty, rocky-terrain.

If the Jackals spring a leak or something, though, I might look into them...
Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Grawlix
Wow. They look nice.

But five hundred samolians for a pair of boots to wander through mud and stuff with?

OTOH, you DO tend to get what you pay for, they are comfortable by all accounts, and if they last three times as long as others, they would be worth it.

I am intrigued...but I have some Danner Jackals that I am really, really happy with, and some Chippewas that are great for heavy-duty, rocky-terrain.

If the Jackals spring a leak or something, though, I might look into them...
I've seriously considered the Chippewas. I guess I can work a day of OT and pay for some Russells.