Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey "hunting" tv

Old 02-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkey "hunting" tv

Was watching the crush with lee tiff and I was reflecting on all the years of minor disagreements lol I've had on the public forums...

First thing that cought my undevided attention was uh never mind... Tiffiney shoots her decoy at 15 yards in stead of the strutter and then some how has the time to re knock another arrow and then at 15 yards smoke the gobbler... Then they go get the mother in law and put her on a gobbler the very next day and she missed... I was really shocked that they didn't call another bird in for the in law to shot again!!! The next day ther buddy's come in and they bush wack a gobbler... Then they take a break from turkey hunting to fill a wheel barrel up with 140"-160" sheds that are rittled all over there property

Then after all family and friends get there gobblers ol lee decides "I think I'm going to go out and out smart me one of these Wiley ol gobbler"...

Come on are these people really turkey hunting???

I can't help it when It takes me most springs 4 or 5 days of hard hunting to just hopefully get a chance at shouldering my 870... And these "hunters" are stacking gobblers up like guard wood lol

Anybody like to coment lol

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 02-07-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

I like your sig...."Public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya'!"
Old 02-07-2014, 01:36 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Question is LB - How much film was cut and tossed away just to present that half hour of the Crush?

You and I both know they do not film on heavily hunted public land. And do watch the Asian Carp Shoot - I bet you never see a fish!

JW
Old 02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know they don't hunt the public lands I hunt. Lol. When I take a gobbler on Floridas public lands, I know I've earned it.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

They're hunting about the best land in the country for big deer and longbeards, so why not expect what you saw on the show?

Hey JW! Were they really shooting fish when Tiff was in her two piece, LOL!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lee and Tiffany are a joke. "Hey let's put on our makeup and fix our hair so we can go ride our property on a brand new bad boy buggy and crank down on a box call every single time we stop." They ain't turkey hunters. They're products of modern mainstream media and clever marketing. And by clever marketing I mean extremely tight shirts and strategic camera angles.....which ain't always a bad thing ya know. The best turkey hunters are those who hack it on crowded public lands and whack birds year in and year out. I would put money that just about anybody here who competes in the spring contest every year would put lee and tiffany to shame. There are only a select few pro hunters I would take time out of my day to watch turkey hunt, like Ray Eye, Eddie Salter, and Preston Pittman.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:18 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Most of the Outdoor shows are for entertainment only.

Meat Eater is not nor was Dropped IMO. Some even are not fair chase but they don't tell you that.

hey TG - the answer is Yes......and even one ole big Asian carp face slapped her!
like I said purely for entertainment.

But I will let be know with turkey shows on my big screen I set up my DB blind over my rocker recliner and get out my ole trusty turkey calls , shotgun, coffee, and sit so I can be like them! Wife thinks I am nuts but I have fun.
And since I am in a camo blind I don't listen to her - she can't see me!

JW
Old 02-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default JW! I know why JW! puts a blind over his house chair!

Y'all need to understand why JW! does wierd things like this. The first time he came to GA. to hunt with me I made some coffee for us and he got a cup and walked outside to sit under one of my shelters while I made more coffee for our thermos'.

When I got outside where he was and turned on the light he was holding his forehead in his hands. The dummy had walked into my shelter. Needless to say, he had something ugly to say.

Then a year or so later, he cuts a tree down on his self. Messed up a shoulder and I'm not so sure there wasn't some head injury.

Now y'all know the real story, so please show the ole goat some sympathy.

dog1
Old 02-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
I like your sig...."Public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya'!"
Thanks... A lot of people don't lol
Old 02-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Thanks... A lot of people don't lol
This will be my 24th year of chasing birds. Only one bird, my very first, came off private land. I don't limit out every year but I think I have learned how to be a turkey hunter by chasing those hard headed public birds.

A coworker last night showed me a pic of a bird he and his buddy took on south Alabama public land. 1 5/8" spurs and weighed 22 pounds. The first day they got on him all they did was purr and cluck 1 time and then watched him run off the other direction. The next day they kept their mouths shut and came away with a great trophy. Public birds can be tough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.