Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Choke Tube Question

Old 02-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Choke Tube Question

I bought a Primos Jelly Head choke tube it is .660 for my Remington 870 and I have found it will not fit my Remington 870 it will accept inner choke tubes that you use with a wrench but it will not accept a hand screw in choke tube why is this any help would be great thanks I'm a beginner turkey hunter.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:00 AM
Spike

My guess is you got the wrong model tube. The tubes for my 870 SM are inside for IC, Mod and Full but my turkey tubes all are extended tubes. The tubes are made to be brand specific
Old 02-07-2014, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

I agree...wrong tube, or the threads are bad on the tube you have.

If you have the original packaging, go to the Primos website and make sure the model number or SKU match the choke for you gun. If it does, I'd call Primos...I bet they will make it right.

Gman
Old 02-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Simple answer---The threads don't match. There are various threads on the different manufacturer's guns that are out there and you need to match the choke to the particular gun, regardless of whether it goes in flush with the end of the barrel or extends an inch or two outside.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Okay thanks for the help when I bought the package from Bass Pro it said it would fit a Winchester or Remington model gun so that is what had me confused but thanks for the advice I will call Primos or check on there website for the specs again.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is the choke in the link below the one you bought?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/181...choke-12-gauge
Old 02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by QuanticoKidd
Okay thanks for the help when I bought the package from Bass Pro it said it would fit a Winchester or Remington model gun so that is what had me confused but thanks for the advice I will call Primos or check on there website for the specs again.

Winchester and Remington use two totally different chokes. Better check that package again.

Gman
Old 02-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

TopGun,

Yes that is the same one when I bought it online at cabelas it said it would fit a Win/Remington 12GA and it said .660 was recommended when I stick it in the tube it doesnt even reach the threats becuase the outter top metal contacts the barrel on the outside.

I know this sounds crazy but I could of bought the wrong choke tube but I just find it strange that when I look it up online it still says it fits a Win/Mossberg500/Rem is what the description says or it could have been a error on there part.

It seems to skinny it needs to be fatter inside and maybe longer becuase as I said you can drop it right in and the outter park of the choke tube hits the barrel and it just spins. I noticed online Primos is selling a newer version of the Jelly Head and it says a Remington is recommended at .665
Old 02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by QuanticoKidd
it said it would fit a Win/Remington 12GA and it said .660 was recommended when I stick it in the tube it doesnt even reach the threats becuase the outter top metal contacts the barrel on the outside.

I know this sounds crazy but I could of bought the wrong choke tube but I just find it strange that when I look it up online it still says it fits a Win/Mossberg500/Rem is what the description says or it could have been a error on there part.

There must be some confusion. A tube that will fit a Winchester/Mossberg tube will not fit a Remington. Remingtons have a different threading. Send it back.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

dude sounds like you definitely got the wrong choke... Be careful!!!
this is how people get hurt with fire arms... Wrong shell in guns etc ect ect...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.