Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Long Range Patterns

Old 05-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
Yep ! all I got to say is This is old gobbler talking and a referral to the "Old Sugar Shot" quotes.

I'm done here , None of who you named has any idea how a Normal shotgun shell shoots in a good pattern. When you want to talk in the numbers that work in what shells are being used then lets talk, but don't give me your Chest pumped pattern numbers of shells that are not in the same league.

Everyone to their own, you boast Patterns and I'll kill the birds I hunt...

Done !

If you shoot at many birds out there at 60 yards with that lousy 20 gauge pattern you posted showing only 3-4 pellets in the kill zone, IMHO you are not representing yourself very well on this Forum and there will be more wounded than dead birds. With that I'm also done, as that comment about patterns from a person who is supposed to be in the know hurts us all that know you need numbers in a tight area to be ethical!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-30-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

And I too am done here. I said the truth as I know it to be and is. Anyone who takes a 20GA and is shooting Hevi-13 1 and 1/4oz 6's and shoots a turkey at 60yds and calls it a turkey killing son of a gun is not a ethical hunter or a hunter for that matter. That may a upset some. But I can't say I'm sorry for speaking the truth. And the same can go for a lot of guys that take these long crack shots at turkeys with 12GA shotguns that don't have a clue how their gun truly is patterning at that distance and come on here to boast about it or tell folks about their buddy's killing one or two at rediculous yardages. The wild turkey deserves so much better than this kind of silliness.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-30-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Brad C.
Adrian,

Hal and Clark have forgot more about shotgun patterning than what most know. And that includes you and I.
And Hal and Clark know me well ! matter of fact when I used to visit the NWTF and Old Gobbler forums we all talked about patterns and I don't remember you Brad at all. We could never talk a proper pattern because they were all for #7 pattern counts and I was still #6 and I chased there a$$ all the way with a larger shot. Clark knows his stuff but wants to sell his stuff just as bad. I'm not saying Clark Bush does not know anything but I bought one of his Chokes " Wright" and it never came close to what I was after. Now #7 are not good enough they want the pattern count for #9's now. I'm shooting #6 for Christ sakes get the number right. Yep the 60 yard is not the best and I agree but it kills and its not that I would shoot every time at that range, but don't give me your chest thumping Crap about the 50 yard " ITs a Damn 20 gauge" and one of the best patterns seen with a #6 shot !

Talk to them all Brad because they all know me well.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Adrain,

Nobody I know is thumping chest with anyone. I don't agree with every single thing that Hal or Clark says. And yes I agree they talk to sell what they use or have to sell. Most guys that want to sell something will if they want to be successful at it. But both do know a lot about patterning. Clark should cause he sells chokes for a living. But having said that, Clark only sells what he himself has had good luck with. I have seen quite a few great patterns with the Wrights choke including some with TSS that Hal sells. I can personally tell you back around 2008 Hal swore by Hevi-13 #7's. But now since he is selling TSS to a lot of guys you will now hear him say that a Hevi-13 #7 load will only be good to about 43yds. I know that to be a false statement no matter how Hal tries slicing it. He's got the TSS stuff to promote now, and if some would be future buyers keeps buying the Hevi-13 #7 loads well that is loss revenue for Hal. I'm not supid.

And again I will challenge your 50yd pattern due to what your patterns were that you showed at 40yds. You will not avg 100 in the 10" at 50yds with that gun and choke, and you and I both know it as well as any other 20GA shooters who are shooting that load and any great choke that that they are using. I got quite a few guys that I know very well playing the 20GA patterning game who have tried it all in chokes and loads. Some of the best I have seen for patterns at 40yds with that load would do extremely well to post a 100 shot pattern at a true 50yds. And some were even better than what you posted at 40yds.

I said I was done. You can have the last word if you like.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-30-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect your opinion only if you respect mine. I'm done , No more to say other then I hate turkey hunting - Lets talk Coyote hunting "I'll kick all your ***** He He he he

Come on please do not go around the word filter! ~ JW

Last edited by JW; 05-30-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
I respect your opinion only if you respect mine. I'm done , No more to say other then I hate turkey hunting - Lets talk Coyote hunting "I'll kick all your ****" He He he he
It's a date!

XXXXOOOO

Last edited by JW; 05-30-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: quoted language
Old 05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 day- 2 sets Eastern Coyotes

Ok guys I'm done, I don't need threatening Pm's over this crap...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

That's a good haul Adrian. I have killed a coyote and a red fox behind my house here. I seen a gray a few weeks ago. Greys are hard to come by around these parts. I killed one rabbit hunting years ago. That was probably the first one I seen. My dog jumped him up out of a briar patch. He got a face full of lead at 15yds.

You won't get any bad pm's from me.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-30-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brad that was a LUCKY haul , I spend a lot of time in the woods but its not all like that. I talked of shooting a range but not every shot is taken at that. It all boils down to one thing. I patterned my gun and now what it does at the ethical of 45 yards is what I got. I am sad to the Pm's I am getting from people here, I really don't care guys ! I've been around and know as well as you all what a good shot is...
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Banned

nice yotes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.