Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend? >

Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend?

Old 05-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

Well you can see where I am from. Why don't you tell us where you are from. I'm not hiding. Nor is my 835 and cheap Star Dot choke afraid of that mighty Bansner choke of yours.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

I am not saying that your gun wont do it nor that the OPs gun wont. I just want to see the patterns. and I maintain that long shots have no place in forum discussion because of the general public that is "ignorant" to everything that comes into play
Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brad C.
Well you can see where I am from. Why don't you tell us where you are from. I'm not hiding. Nor is my 835 and cheap Star Dot choke afraid of that mighty Bansner choke of yours.
Brad you know darn well that stardot vs a banser is not a fair fight!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by snapper1982
first off there is no need to start talkin stupid about shooting someone. if you cant take the heat get off the forum!

second I did not say they did not have it. I used your thread to illustrate to the OP (because this thread has gotten off topic so you may need to go look and see what it is supposed to be about) that hevi 7s have enough energy and it is proven fact that hevi 7s have more energy and hit harder than lead 6s at the same distance.
Exactly!

It must be that Bansner .632 choke that makes those 6's hit so hard at 75yds.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
snapper, my posts should not be held responsible for someone else not knowing they're limitations, you posted what your gun does so if someone else got different results should you be blamed?
RR
nope and no one is blaming you for anything. to our way of thinking we like to see patterns and shot density to know for sure it is a 100% turkey killer at any certain yardage. you might even be able to improve your pattern with a little more open choke. say an truglow ssx .643. with such a tight choke you are likely blowing your pattern a little and not achieving what you could be.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Lol you guys are to much I'm not even opening this can of worms again.we wander why the forum has abt 5 different frequent posters over and over and others stay away.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I know who Mark Bansner is. He liked short barrel shotguns and said they shoot just as good as longer barrel shotguns. He also said that a shotgun load would shoot it's max velocity out of the first 18 to 19" of a barrel which is not true. And his theory of the short barrel shotguns shooting just as good as a longer barrel typically won't be true either. I have done the test myself and compare a 21" barrel shotgun against the longer barrel 28" same shotgun with a variety of loads. The 28" barrel won in every contest. Now that don't mean that some 21" barrel can't shoot better than some longer barrels. But typically I will take the longer barrel and the added velocity over the short barrels.

And don't threaten me with your words here. You can't stand the fact that a guy calls you out. I know how good my guns shoot, and I got the patterns to back it up. And the 835 and Star Dot choke ain't scared. It consistently will shoot with the best of them even if it against a Bansner choke.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
brad, your right I don't have target pics, why because my patterning was done in 1984, were you on the internet then? but I can tell you it will shoot, it will outshoot my 835 with a hastings .675 extended tube even though it has a heavier payload, it will shoot circles around my frenchi 912 with a carlsons gold .670 even though again it has a heavier payload. Mark Bansner pioneered the choke industry, he made them work before screw in chokes were even common. believe what you want, keep trash talking me and it will cost you.
RR
so what I took from that is that you really do not know what your pattern looks like because they do not make shells like they did back then and even during same year productions there has been known to be substantial differences between lots. but I am sorry. I know you already knew that because of all the patterning you said you do. and put a 3.5 2.25oz hevi 7 load in that 835 and it will blow your other guns away
Old 05-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think the hevi shot website has a nice little graphic for us all 7s 40 yards 6s 50yards 5s 75+ I'm sure you know what I'm talking about it may even be on the magnum blend box I'm not sure
Old 05-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bghunter777
Lol you guys are to much I'm not even opening this can of worms again.we wander why the forum has abt 5 different frequent posters over and over and others stay away.
well we are all opinionated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.