Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
~ BULLHEAD magnus to the neck ! ( vid ) >

~ BULLHEAD magnus to the neck ! ( vid )

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

~ BULLHEAD magnus to the neck ! ( vid )

Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Spike

Exclamation ~ BULLHEAD magnus to the neck ! ( vid )

So the crazy story goes the other guide and I are talking at sunset on the patio of the ranch.

Suddenly, we see about 10 turkey come across the lake area and roost up 100 yards right in front of us in some oaks. I suppose they ran out of time to make it back to their normal roosting site across the rd.

Ted and I woke up the next morning to have them gobbling their heads off close range ! We snuck in 100 yards to the north, set up the decoy and blind and were eager to see what kind of birds we had.

As you see,.. unfortunatly all jakes,... but just too cool to pass up for me.
Shot one actually knicked the back of the 1st jakes head... THAT CLOSE !
2nd shot,... the jake took 1 blade to the neck. Ran 25 yards and crumpled down. ( was my practice bullhead,... should have resharpened it.. could have made the difference between a immediate kill and a 25 yard run. Now I know.)
check it out :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJR3FjdcJc

Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

pretty cool.... hope I get mine this spring. The population is getting pretty good in my area. We have some cross bred ones we are trying to take out. Some dude turned some domestic turkeys loose and they bred with the wild ones. I know some guys who live out that way that are furious. The markings look similar to the wild ones but are somewhat lighter color and much bigger birds. As far as I know no one ever killed the domestic tom2s (2) The guy who has been raising wild pheasants and turkeys for release was infuriated.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yea.. I didn't really believe it first, until I seen the offspring first hand. They were also almost white when they where first hatched. Pisses me off.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Definitely use the HeviShot Magnum Blends...they are awesome