Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Set my blind up today.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Set my blind up today.

Hi all I went and set up my turkey blind today as next week I will be busy with other things and our season opens up on the 29th. On the out to set it up I came across some pretty decent sights. That made it a great trip out there. I saw quite a few turkeys as well as a pair of wood ducks, geese, and a nice doe that had made it threw our winter. One of the turkeys I saw while I was standing and talking to a shed hunter this morning. There were 3 hens and a big tom that came out on the road around 250 yards away. This is straight out around 100 yards from where I had set my blind up. That was pretty cool if you asked me. The guy I was talking thought it might have been a young bear up in the road LOL. He took his binoculars and said, wow, I can even see his beard when he turns sideways from here. He does not hunt turkeys so no problem with him that is for sure..
Anyways I just want to share some pics of my road trip up to where I set my blind up..

This wood duck was what I first saw heading up there..

Next I saw this pair of geese.

The next I saw this pair of toms who kept on gobbling even after I left from taking some pics of them..
There was a hen not very far from these.

Then I saw around 15 turkeys in a flock that had 5 different toms/jakes. I am not sure as
most of them took running down an embankment getting into the woods. Here is a pic of a tom
and a hen just past him. This tom was kind of strange being that his tail when fanned out all
the way resembled a jake..

This is the tom that came out while I was talking to the shed hunter.. Keep in mind it was around 250 yards away
and you can still see where his beard comes out..

This is the doe that had come out and I saw this on the way back home.

Also on the way back home I saw a group of 12 hens walking along side a dirt road heading towards
my hunting grounds.. There were not toms with them so I am thinking another great season ahead..
I hope I did not bore anyone with so many pics of my trip out to set up my blind. I figure this had aught
to get those hunting and those that are about to going. Now lets see some gobblers down.. Thanks for looking..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-21-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice Phil. Somehow I missed this when you posted it. Looks like you have plenty of wildlife. I only see woodpeckers and squirrels when I'm out usually!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks mrl0004, I will try and get you a few trout streams pics when I can get a chance. As you can see right now I am gearing up for our turkey season. So it maybe a while..
Old 04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Spike

awesome pictures. looks like you should have a great hunt
Old 04-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks jeffbv, I am hoping to have a great hunt anyways..