Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Hunters in MO. Quick question. >

Hunters in MO. Quick question.

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunters in MO. Quick question.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Spike

Default Hunters in MO. Quick question.

Hitting the woods this weekend in Western MO. I was wondering if any MO hunters could report on what the birds are doing in their areas. Just interested to see what stage of the breeding season they might be in.

Thanks and good luck guys!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

I hunted opening morning in North western Missouri and the birds were active. I killed opening morning. I hunted with my buddy on his second set and the toms seemed henned up. He did kill the second day but the morning hunt the toms were again henned up. He killed at 10:45 and the tom just had one hen with him. So I say they are henned up.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Spike

Henned up, figured that would be the case.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Just keep at em one will break away and head your way. Im headed back again Sunday to hunt Monday and Tuesday. Hope the weather will cooperate as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

They are henned up and trying not to drown.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

I'm hunting in south central Mo, and the birds are henned up but get in their face and they will play. My son and myself missed one opening morning. I missed a longbeard and he missed a jake. All were in the same flock, called them in 3 times but the third time they didn't want to play. They will work if you keep after it. The gobbling is getting better here in the southern part.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Spike

I got some buddies that all killed in a 2 day span around 9. Said they got hemmed up then break away from hens when hens went to feed or nest.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I killed my bird opening day at 12:42. On a couple of the farms I hunt the gobblers are grouped and others have a few gobblers with 1-3 hens. Weather hasn't been great but should be awesome by mid week.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Well sounds good for me considering I've been sick and Doctor told me to stay out of the woods until next week.

big rockpile
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen some Toms grouped up with 5 and sole by their self. Opening day I missed one that was in a group of 4 and then Saturday I killed one that was just with 4 hens. Hunting in northwest missouri

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.