HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   indian creek choke black diamond (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/380751-indian-creek-choke-black-diamond.html)

lou-lou 04-12-2013 07:27 PM

indian creek choke black diamond

Just bought a black diamond stick from indian creek shooting systems. After much anticipation i shot it today at the range. Shooting a 935 24in with winchester 3.5 x-tended range # 6's. The person I spoke to at the company stated and promised that with this gun and with these rounds that i would recieve 180-210 pellets in a 10 in circle at 40yards. The constriction was .675 which the company reccommended. After much research I bought one for 74.99. Today's results were very awful!!!! This choke at 40yard provided me with 12 pellets in the head and neck, mine you with was shoot out of a lead sled pro with 50 lbs of weight on it. At first I thought it was me but after 6 more shots the best it performed was 22 pellets in the head and neck. I tried 3in #4's ,5's and 6's also. Never got more than 15 pellets from the 3in rounds. Cannot believe this performed so poorly and am very dissappointed to say the least. Got me a 80 dollar paper weight now. Folks this was disgusting for this choke to produce this way. even at thirty yards shooting at carboard it was bad. Been hunting turkey 20 years and have played with rounds and guns and chokes the whole time. Its the fun part for me trying to find the perfect blend of it all. Stay away from it there are much better chokes out there. Pissed in NY. That's for letting me vent folks.lol

kdsberman 04-12-2013 09:19 PM

Kinda off subject here, but just a warning on that lead sled..I've read somewhere that using that much weight with a synthetic stock gun and that amount of recoil some have cracked their stocks because of the butt of the gun having nothing to "push". I use a lead sled with my 835 but dont use any weight at all and it works fine. Just a heads up.

Sorry about your luck with that choke. I was gonna try one for my 835 next year too.

jeffbv 04-13-2013 02:30 AM

they will take it back or trade for a different constriction. call them

jeffbv 04-13-2013 02:33 AM

are you using just a target, or do you have a back drop to see your full pattern? I went to lowes and got a roll of brown contractor paper, it works great to catch you whole pattern. maybe your pattern is off and your only catching the edge of it

BOWHUNTERCOP 04-13-2013 03:53 AM

I have a Indian Creek Choke for my Mossberg 835, using the following ammo with similar results: HeviShot13, 3.5", 2.25oz., #5 or #6, Winchester Sup. HV, 3.5", 2oz., #5 I'm happy with my results out to 50yds.

lou-lou 04-14-2013 08:25 AM

Yes I did have a big piece of cardboard behind it. The pattern was awful, at 30 yards i had maybe 50-60 pellets in a 24 in circle. The choke just did not make any sense. I did notice a small gap between the extended part of the choke and what screwed in the barrel. Don't know if it supposed to be that way or not? Any way its going back to the company for a full refund. Should have never doubted my xxx comp-n-choke.

mrl0004 04-14-2013 09:15 AM

Every gun is different, but .675 doesn't seem very tight to me. I would think .665 or down to .655 would be better. Glad you are getting your money back.

Matchbook454 04-14-2013 09:25 AM

I've dealt with ic personally and they are a good company to deal with imo. Instead of bashing them on the net why don't you call them and try to resolve this issue. They stand behind their product and doubt they would say too bad. I use their choke in my 835 shooting tss and have amazing results.

lou-lou 04-15-2013 06:22 AM

Been around a long time at this game! Don't have time for products that don't work or do what they say!! It's true that each gun is different and that everyone has different results. My peticular setup the choke isn't even close to what was said. I could see if it was close, but it wasen't. As for bashing a company, these folks sell snake oil in my opinion. Getting a refund and moving on!

Brad C. 05-06-2013 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by lou-lou (Post 4050979)
Been around a long time at this game! Don't have time for products that don't work or do what they say!! It's true that each gun is different and that everyone has different results. My peticular setup the choke isn't even close to what was said. I could see if it was close, but it wasen't. As for bashing a company, these folks sell snake oil in my opinion. Getting a refund and moving on!

Well all I will say is the Indian Creek BDS .675 choke I had shot very well in my 835 shooting Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7's. I live 19 miles from Indian Creek's shop. Both Mike and Stuart are great guys. And they make some of the best chokes out there. And they stand behind what they make.