Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gun shoots low.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bphillips4gg
I had the same issue with a RWS pellet rifle. Had the scope adjusted all the way down and it was still shooting 6 inches low. We got it at a swap meet and the previous owners must have been holding at the very end of the barrel when opening it and had bent it down.

How in the world did you bend a shotgun barrel?
I have no ideaIt always shot good.Then one year,I had some misses and the few birds I did get were not clean kills.Set up some targets,Shot high and right.Had some buddies shoot it and it shot the same for them.Gunsmith said it was bent(doesn't take much)Now it shoots fine.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bphillips4gg
I had the same issue with a RWS pellet rifle. Had the scope adjusted all the way down and it was still shooting 6 inches low. We got it at a swap meet and the previous owners must have been holding at the very end of the barrel when opening it and had bent it down.

How in the world did you bend a shotgun barrel?

WHY in the world would he lend it to his best friend on a turkey hunt that he calls in 2 longbeards and then says " SHOOT!"
Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
WHY in the world would he lend it to his best friend on a turkey hunt that he calls in 2 longbeards and then says " SHOOT!"
Sorry bout that bud.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

+1

HiViz TriViz

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HiViz...h-All+Products
Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

My Mossberg 835 shot about 4" high with just the 2 bead system. It was still enough to kill birds but I wanted it to be the best it could. Put a non magnifying red dot on it and love it. Was able to move my pattern and havent had any trouble with it at all. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default sighting

the easy way to fix the problem is to turn the shell over 180 deg. and solve the problelm

cheers