Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
2 Osceolas down. A double with my brother. >

2 Osceolas down. A double with my brother.

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2 Osceolas down. A double with my brother.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2 Osceolas down. A double with my brother.

2 Osceola s down! Doubled up with my brother today. I called them in using a call I made and a Hooks Executioner mouth call.

Got to the spot before sun up, started to sneak in at first light. We heard him gooble, he was about 100-150 yards out. We set up quick thru out Delilah, my dsd decoy, and started some soft calling. They never gobbled to any of my calling and they started going away. My brother is not a turkey hunter, this was only his 3rd time hunting, so I had to try and keep him cool and explain things as I could. He heard them gobble way off and wanted to go after them. I would do some yelps and cuts every 10 minutes, but did not call that much at all. After about 20 minutes I heard some cackles , so I cut and yelped with the mouth call. 5 minutes later I heard some cuts a little closer, so I cut and yelped with the mouth call again.
The hens were on there way, and I was hoping the gobbler was with them.
The Gobbler was with them and he had a buddy with him. The gobblers went behind a clump of trees about 3 yards behind Delilah, I did a couple clucks and purrs with the mouth call and they spun around and looked at Delilah. I did a couple more and they started heading right to her.
Birds down, flopped around a few times and we had 2 birds on the ground. Took some pictures and packed up , we had about 1 1/4 mile walk out, headed for the truck by 8:00 am.

John

Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats very nice birds
Old 04-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the double!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you and your brother John! A nice hunt that ended well for the both of you!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to you and your brother born again
Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Spike

Congrats. Sounds like a good morning. I haven't had any luck yet in Richloam. Hoping next year is better for me.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Solid job guys! Congrats calling two longbeards in with a homemade call. That's a big bowl of awesomeness.