Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Went out for a listen this morning. >

Went out for a listen this morning.

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Went out for a listen this morning.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Went out for a listen this morning.

Went out scouting this morning. Heard a few gobbles and then the birds shut up at about 6:15. Moved down to a spot I hunted last year and had a nice tom 8inch beard come through the field following two hens. He strutted the whole way hanging in the sun just shining off his feathers. They went into the woods and went behind me at 8 about yards.

Stood up to send my son tyler a text message. And had one start gobbling about 150 yards above me. Here comes this guy leading a hen. Gobbling, strutting walked by at about 25 yards and worked across the field. Had to hide behind a tree so I didn't get busted. None of the birds knew I was there. Saw another 6 birds after I got in my truck across the road.
Attached Thumbnails Went out for a listen this morning.-040903_1008-00-.jpg   Went out for a listen this morning.-turkey1.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good morning. My son and I went out this morning before work and school to behind our house to give a listen. Heard about 7 or 8 different birds with a few jake gobbles mixed in. I haven't seen any scratching or signs of birds at all where I always do yr after yr and thought maybe the late spring had em screwed up but heard more this morning than on yrs when I knew they were there. Everytime I think I have em figured out they do something to prove me wrong. Good luck this yr.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Hoping something like that happens tomorow morning! Season isnt here yet but i gotta hear that first gobble!