Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
electronic call for turkey hunting? >

electronic call for turkey hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

electronic call for turkey hunting?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default electronic call for turkey hunting?

Me and my friend are really competitive and he bought a electronic coyote call and downloaded turkey calls on it.

I'm a better caller than he is, I called in his first turkey and the other two someone else called in or him.

Do you think he has a better chance?
cause he thinks the second he hits the button the turkeys will rush right in to his call.

I know its legal, but out of all the turkey hunting tv shows I watch I have never seen any "pro's" use electronic callers.

Last edited by thelukai1100; 04-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not legal in a lot of states. including here in MI and to me doing the calling yourself is all the fun in turkey hunting. We also cannot use a decoy that gets any motion by other than the wind, so these tom decoys that you can move the tail with a string or by electronics are also illegal up here.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto Topgun 3006. Better check you game lasws !!! Here in Alabama it is illegal to use an electronic device to call turkey.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The competition shouldn't be between hunters but between the hunter and the bird.Using an electronic call would be like takin your own mother to the prom,Just ain't cool.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not legal here...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Colorado does not allow electronic calls but stores still sell them here.

If it's legal for you thats cool, but I prefer the challenge of calling them in myself and electronics cant change the call or tone when needed. Let use know if they work.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
no electronics allowed in wv, its like when the folks lip sync to keep from messing up, in redneck terms wussing out.
RR
Are you sayin you're a redneck?How ya been bud?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not legal in NC either...

Calling is greatly overrated it's much better to know the quarry and local range than a bunch of fancy calling...Once I get an answer, I don't call much more anyway...
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Fork Horn

Not legal here in MD either. Not sure what fun it would be to use it. Me personally, I believe they should be illegal in every state. This is no offense to you guys out there who haven't mastered the art of calling yet but to me anyone can pull the trigger. Its everything else prior to that moment that takes skill and practice. I haven't actually squeezed off and killed a bird since 2009 but love turkey season as much as anyone. I have a 14 yr old son and 3 or 4 friends that I call for and they all generally get a bird every year. I realized along time ago that the guys who get all hyped up and bragging about what they shot because of someone else's calling aren't really turkey hunters(yet). I say yet because there is still a chance if they decide to put in the time and effort and annoy their wife or girlfriend in the truck with the constant practicing on a mouth call like the rest of us did. Just seems to me the calling is what the whole thing is about to begin with so if you take that part out of the equation then what. Seems lame to me but thats just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not legal here in SD, no electronic or string decoys here either.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use an electronic call anyway... it's easy enough to learn friction calls and the mouth calls aren't that difficult to become somewhat proficient with in a small amount of time.

To each their own though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.