Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Favorite way to hunt turkeys >

Favorite way to hunt turkeys

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Favorite way to hunt turkeys

Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Favorite way to hunt turkeys

What is your favorite way to hunt turkeys. Running and gunning, in a blind with a bow, in big open fields spotting and stalking or some other method?
Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Spike

Spot and stalk is the way to go , Cant beat the adrenilin rush of a gobbler going off 20 yrds in front of you and all that seperates you from his eyes is your choice in camo , Cant wait .
GE
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put em to bed and set up on them in the morning.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I start out where I know they roost and then run and gun the rest of the day if I don't get any coming in within the first hour or so. Glassing field with binoculars to find them also comes into play as the day wears on.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Run and gun. I can't sit still.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

I set up in the roost area then run and gun then end the day by setting up in the roost area again, most of my turks have been taken in the afternoon.

I travel light so I can move now, not in a few min or 15 min but right when I need to. I usually hunt the Rocky's in the timber or small openings this year I will be TAKING my first Rio on the plains. ( if you claim it you make it happen) I hope!

I was planning on my first bow hunt for this spring season but may not make it till fall so I'll prob. us my old faithful Rem 12 again this spring.

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 01-15-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Run and gun.

I start off in the pre-dawn, listening for gobbles while thet're still roosted. Then locate a set-up site. Pre-season scouting helps A LOT!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
X2 Getting in there early and getting the gobblers all worked up befor they fly down is Epic!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I use to run and gun but since Ive gotten older and have slowed down, I prefer to sit and be patient in a blind. But then again I have scouted the area for sometime and basically know whats up with the turkeys.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
Thats the way I do it. Get out before they fly down. set up a couple decoys and call to them. This coming spring going to try to get a big ole tom with a bow. Got a ground blind that Ive had for 3 yrs now and have used it for deer and bear. Now its time to use it on turkey or 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.