Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Double Spurred turkey

Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Spike

Default Double Spurred turkey

Anybody ever kill a double spurred turkey? I was wonder how rare it is. I have never seen one or even heard of one. I killed one a couple years ago. Figured you guys might know.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

My father did one year but they were just 2nd nubs on a jake. Eastern from Mo.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jalex
Anybody ever kill a double spurred turkey? I was wonder how rare it is. I have never seen one or even heard of one. I killed one a couple years ago. Figured you guys might know.
You have never seen one or heard of one killed, but you killed one a couple years ago? Do you mean you had never seen or heard of one until you actually killed one? They are pretty rare.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by superstrutter
You have never seen one or heard of one killed, but you killed one a couple years ago? Do you mean you had never seen or heard of one until you actually killed one? They are pretty rare.
Ya other then the one I got, of course I saw it. After I got it I started asking around. No one had any info on one like it. Mine was jake like nubs under a 1.5 inch spur. The nubs were maybe a quarter inch. Ill see if I can dig up the picture.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep I called one into a client and he dropped it. Had a 1 1/4 and about 3/4 on the one side. I lost all the photo's ona a cheap HP note book GRRRRRRR
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

awsome!!! i've never killed one but then again i've never killed a double beard either... id rather kill a double beard i think that would be a better trophy to me...
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
awsome!!! i've never killed one but then again i've never killed a double beard either... id rather kill a double beard i think that would be a better trophy to me...
My only double beard was a hen, (during Fall season) I was siked when i seen her walking in with a bead but when I got down and she had 2 beards I was pumped.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

I believe we had one turned in during last years contest.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I just checked and we had a double spurred turkey turned in last season.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012...-june-9-a.html
Old 01-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are very rare. I have yet to see one myself. I did shoot one a few years ago with only one spur total.. :/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.