Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Done buying calls and shells >

Done buying calls and shells

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Done buying calls and shells

Old 01-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Done buying calls and shells

I've been at this for awhile and I've got a ton of calls and different types of choke/she'll combos... I haven't been to the outdoor show in pa for the last 4 years... I think I'm done... I've learned there ain't no magic call going to do the trick... Anybody else reach this point in there turkey hunting life yet lol...
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats hunting...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

It isn't the calls and shells to me it is the chase. Do you mean done with turkey hunting? What is the frustration you are feeling- no success? No where to hunt? Just wondering. You are right there isn't a magic call, shell or gun, but it is the battle of trying to get a nature programed bird to break from it's instincts and follow you instead of the hen following him. Any turkey call can bring a bird in. Any legal gun can kill a bird. I love it due to it being interactive and not just a sit here for X hours and some time that animal will walk by.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Nope... No gimmicks.. I dont have anything fancy... I don't wear a vest... I just know where the birds are, I take 2 calls and 3 shells and a gun...
Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Nope there isnt!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by firelt72
It isn't the calls and shells to me it is the chase. Do you mean done with turkey hunting? What is the frustration you are feeling- no success? No where to hunt? Just wondering. You are right there isn't a magic call, shell or gun, but it is the battle of trying to get a nature programed bird to break from it's instincts and follow you instead of the hen following him. Any turkey call can bring a bird in. Any legal gun can kill a bird. I love it due to it being interactive and not just a sit here for X hours and some time that animal will walk by.

No not done hunting lol... You missunderstood me... Sorry about the confusion...

I meant im just done spending money on turkey hunting gear... I've got every thing you could amagin... Not dead silence or squelling hen calls either lol...

I've got more calls than you could ever use and there all custom... I've only bought one plastic call ever... and that call is pretty good... Its a grahms mountainside... i've got 4 turkey guns 4 or 5 turkey vest... you know with 4 turkey guns i got at least two or three chokes for each one... and shells i must have 30 boxs of turkey loads...

If i cant get it done i dont need to be in the woods lol
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

Haha....you sound addicted! I would say that it might be time for counseling but since you say you are done I'll let you go.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

"Done buying calls and shells"

I've said I was before, but so far, I've always been wrong.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Murdy
"Done buying calls and shells"

I've said I was before, but so far, I've always been wrong.
Haha theres always somthing to buy !
Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

LB you OK ? You are Sorry ! son of a bitch man you need to go see a doc dude. This aint you !!!!!

As for calls years back I learned that no matter the call most will call in birds if you know how to work them. I've seen some real nice calls but they are more of a sales item as I know in the woods they are not calling more birds to the gun.

As for shells I have to be honest, I'll nver buy another box of turkey loads in my life. My stock is well about most stores lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.