Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkeys for the 4th of July? >

Turkeys for the 4th of July?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys for the 4th of July?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Spike

Default Turkeys for the 4th of July?

I'm planning to cook some turkeys in the 4th of July, 3 different recipe for 3 different turkeys, how's that sound? Lol

Whats your preparation for the incoming 4th of July?

Looking for a public place to hunt? check myhuntinglands.com/maps for more information
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Old 06-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Probably cook some BBQ chicken. Im savin my turkey breast for a certain party Im workin on...
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just made fried turkey the night before last and then lastnight I made a wild turkey pot pie from sctrach, so it'll be a month or so before I break into the turkey stash again, lol....might just be fishing and pizza on the 4th, lol.....
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Typical Buck

This is not fair at all lol.... I am stationed over in Europe and have to post today. I made myself some big fat ribeyes from the commissary though, so I can't complain too much. Happy 4th guys, and God bless!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Spike

One of my favorite turkeys was cooked in a fryer, actually most everything cooked in a fryer tastes great. What recipes are you using?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Typical Buck

For a wild turkey in the deep fryer, I always just use cajun seasoning. Absolutely mouthwatering!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had dogs and brauts, homemade jalapeno relish,Texas Ranchero Beans by Bush,kettle chips and a great water mellon.And to wash it all down some ICE COLD Brews,with our best friends.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster View Post
Probably cook some BBQ chicken. Im savin my turkey breast for a certain party Im workin on...
Seems that the party is so special. BBQ chickens are great! love to eat them especially with spices
Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jberre View Post
One of my favorite turkeys was cooked in a fryer, actually most everything cooked in a fryer tastes great. What recipes are you using?
yeah turkeys in fryer is legendary, It was served since I was a kid and it is still my favorite. I tried cooking roast turkey with citrus butter but it didn't reach my expectations. Lol The good thing is that my family still ate it.