Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Our season has ended..

Old 06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Our season has ended..

Our season may have ended but a new one has begun.. Now is the time for the turkeys to renew for future years to come. I took a ride and saw a hen with some young poults this morning. I tried to get a pic of them but without much luck. I did manage to get a pic of a young poult in flight. I just hope they can make it until they are all grown up so that I can enjoy a future season of hunting them once again..
Old 06-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw some last weekend Phil,looked like she had 5 with her.I'm sure the preditors are taking their usual toll on the young ones,but our population is doing well.Saw 2 nice strutters a Jake and a hen last night in one of my hunting spots,one made my mouth water.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Was working at a NAVHDA test yesterday. I was gunning for a Utility dog. First point this dog goes on the handler flushes a big ole turkey and I see what I thought was a covey of quail! Quail? Nope was her poults - 12 to 14 of them. Didn't fly real well and Can't shoot those......
What really surprised me was how well hid that hen was in the grass we walked up to. We had no idea. but the dog knew.

JW
Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Spike

Great idea!Its nice to hunt the grown up turkeys, I pity those who hunt small animals.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Spike

Great idea!Its nice to hunt the grown up turkeys, I pity those who hunt small animals.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

if they can fly, they should make it ....woohooo
cool pic....going out tomorrow early... I just have to be in the woods, hopefully I'll see some birds....just to see them doing what they do will make my day...it's been a few weeks since I actually sat in the woods , lol...