Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
15 minute turkey hunt... >

15 minute turkey hunt...

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

15 minute turkey hunt...

Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default 15 minute turkey hunt...

Man that was a quick season!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Same for me. Congrats!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking bird. Congrats.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Banned

congrats got to love the easy ones
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

with out a story i might be inclinded to think you punked him some how...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Our seasons are one week long. We get Wednesday thru the next tuesday. I got off work Wednesday and my buddy who came over also had a permit for the same week. He met me at the house and said he had just seen a good tom cross the road and go onto a farm I have permission to hunt. So we drove over there, snuck around from the backside and set up close to where it went into the woods. I started to call, but the 1st time I struck the box call there was a double gobble. I waited a couple minutes and hit it again and he answered from real close. I put the call down and he came trotting in and I shot him in the head... Here is my favorite pick:
Old 05-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes its that kind of hunt we all want and other times we prefer a little testing of our skills. If your happy with an easy one this year you may prefer a challenge next year.I thought my season was going to end in the first hour of our 19 day season this year,but 4 days later I was still getting after them. One thing about a challenging season is the fact that you learn just a bit more how to overcome and adapt when these birds throw you a few curves. My first two hunts were like yours and being a new hunter I was happy to have birds down in an hours time like yourself. Your smile says your hunt was a good one,and so it should be whether it takes two hours two days or two weeks. Congratulations on your success, the goal was to get a bird and a bird you got.May your future hunts be full of challenge as I know your big Buck hunts are.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice... sometimes that the way it goes... but you gotta kill em when you get the chance!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by doetrain
Sometimes its that kind of hunt we all want and other times we prefer a little testing of our skills. If your happy with an easy one this year you may prefer a challenge next year.I thought my season was going to end in the first hour of our 19 day season this year,but 4 days later I was still getting after them. One thing about a challenging season is the fact that you learn just a bit more how to overcome and adapt when these birds throw you a few curves. My first two hunts were like yours and being a new hunter I was happy to have birds down in an hours time like yourself. Your smile says your hunt was a good one,and so it should be whether it takes two hours two days or two weeks. Congratulations on your success, the goal was to get a bird and a bird you got.May your future hunts be full of challenge as I know your big Buck hunts are.
Cool perspective!
I can remember a hunt a couple seasons ago where a bird that should of been easy was missed, and me and my hunting partner just smiled and agreed that was ok, cause we get to keep hunting.