HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   15 minute turkey hunt... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/364515-15-minute-turkey-hunt.html)

Bukmastr 05-18-2012 01:26 PM

15 minute turkey hunt...

Man that was a quick season!

bchunts 05-18-2012 02:01 PM

Same for me. Congrats!!!

RPD63 05-19-2012 06:50 AM

Nice looking bird. Congrats.

snapper1982 05-19-2012 07:39 AM

congrats got to love the easy ones

Mr. Longbeard 05-19-2012 04:14 PM

with out a story i might be inclinded to think you punked him some how...

Bukmastr 05-20-2012 11:38 AM

Our seasons are one week long. We get Wednesday thru the next tuesday. I got off work Wednesday and my buddy who came over also had a permit for the same week. He met me at the house and said he had just seen a good tom cross the road and go onto a farm I have permission to hunt. So we drove over there, snuck around from the backside and set up close to where it went into the woods. I started to call, but the 1st time I struck the box call there was a double gobble. I waited a couple minutes and hit it again and he answered from real close. I put the call down and he came trotting in and I shot him in the head... Here is my favorite pick:

Simp 05-20-2012 12:31 PM

Awesome!!!!!!

doetrain 05-20-2012 04:46 PM

Sometimes its that kind of hunt we all want and other times we prefer a little testing of our skills. If your happy with an easy one this year you may prefer a challenge next year.I thought my season was going to end in the first hour of our 19 day season this year,but 4 days later I was still getting after them. One thing about a challenging season is the fact that you learn just a bit more how to overcome and adapt when these birds throw you a few curves. My first two hunts were like yours and being a new hunter I was happy to have birds down in an hours time like yourself. Your smile says your hunt was a good one,and so it should be whether it takes two hours two days or two weeks. Congratulations on your success, the goal was to get a bird and a bird you got.May your future hunts be full of challenge as I know your big Buck hunts are.

Western MA Hunter 05-21-2012 05:41 AM

Very nice... sometimes that the way it goes... but you gotta kill em when you get the chance!

Bukmastr 05-21-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by doetrain (Post 3938803)
Sometimes its that kind of hunt we all want and other times we prefer a little testing of our skills. If your happy with an easy one this year you may prefer a challenge next year.I thought my season was going to end in the first hour of our 19 day season this year,but 4 days later I was still getting after them. One thing about a challenging season is the fact that you learn just a bit more how to overcome and adapt when these birds throw you a few curves. My first two hunts were like yours and being a new hunter I was happy to have birds down in an hours time like yourself. Your smile says your hunt was a good one,and so it should be whether it takes two hours two days or two weeks. Congratulations on your success, the goal was to get a bird and a bird you got.May your future hunts be full of challenge as I know your big Buck hunts are.

Cool perspective!
I can remember a hunt a couple seasons ago where a bird that should of been easy was missed, and me and my hunting partner just smiled and agreed that was ok, cause we get to keep hunting.