Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Seasons Still Open

Old 05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doetrain
When did yours start Bocajnala?
Ohio is April 23- May 20

PA is April 27- May 31
-Jake
Old 05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Spike

I guess since you guys are so far north your season starts later and ends later than ours,that makes sense.Thanks for responding BB Outdoors.
Our season opened April 11th
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

NY closes May 31 also. This late season can often be as good as the early season.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Texas (west) north season closes today (May 13.) except special youth and Texas East season closes tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

How many states Turkey Seasons are still open and for how much longer? Sound Off if your still getting after them.

I'm still archery hunting here in Arizona until the 20th.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've seen Birds strutting here Phil in June,so I guess you have sort of a post rut for Turkeys as well,our season in Indiana is 19 days long.
Prolly I do not really know though..2 years ago I got myself a big goose egg and last year the second week I shot my first spring bird and then around 2 or 3 days left of our season I shot a jake. We had a lot of rain last year and this year has been quite wet as well. Just 2 nights ago we had almost 2 inches of it. I am thinking this helps to keep them breeding longer with some hens prolly having another cluck if the first clutch failed.. I do not know though if that is the case or not. Last year they gobbled like crazy and this year there has been hardly any gobbleling going on according to those out still hunting.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Spike

We're open in Kansas until May 31. Went out for my first ever hunt this weekend. Saw 5 hens and one jake, but the shot wasn't good enough on the jake to risk. So, we'll be heading out again this weekend to see if we can bag that tom that was flirting with us from the treeline.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HoneyPot
We're open in Kansas until May 31. Went out for my first ever hunt this weekend. Saw 5 hens and one jake, but the shot wasn't good enough on the jake to risk. So, we'll be heading out again this weekend to see if we can bag that tom that was flirting with us from the treeline.
Good Luck,make the shot count,it may cost you a good bird. I would have been heart broken if I would have blown my chance at this years Turkey. I have determined after making a bad shot on my best Buck last year to either pass on game or make a good shot when I have the time to get it right.