Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkeys not being vocal?? >

Turkeys not being vocal??

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys not being vocal??

Old 05-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with neb! That is what a lot of hunters here do not understand that well. If you know the birds are there and you try to call. Hang tight, as sometimes it takes a long time before they will show up. But they will eventually come around and check it out. My only tom this year came in following a hen with no answering at all. The sad part to me anyways is I messed up when I shot that bearded hen. It had a beard so it was legally tagged and now I miss the hunting and calling.. It is a first for me though to even get a bird that first week let alone tag out.. I will be smarter at that part of it next year anyways..
Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Banned

phil i would take it as a blessing that others dont sit tight and wait. because most of them wont tag a bird which will leave more for you to hunt next year.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I hear you and next year I will have learned already about those bearded hens. I will be going to check a trailcam most likely in the morning and will see if I can gat a turkey to answer a call just the same to get a picture. But, I am not holding my breath on waiting for one to show up. As now I can do other things when I am not working..
Old 05-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Banned

yeah i am tagged out here in ohio but am most likly going to another state. i love turkey hunting. about the bearded hen. think of it more as you killed something that alot of hunters never see. congrats on your bird
Old 05-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks, and I too love hunting turkeys,, It is a lot of fun, so, I am going to have to wait it out as no more vacations during turkey season and N.H. is a long ways away..