Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tagged out in Missouri

Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tagged out in Missouri

This morning thought I would go out to where I seen a tom go last Sunday. I was hunting against an old deer shack that has fallen on its side so I was leaned up against the roof over hang and I could see through the window to the door on the other side. I only heard one turkey gobble 3 times right around 6 a.m. behind me a good ways. I called one more time and he gobbled right behind me I was worried that he would come to my right which would expose me big time. I was holding still until out of the corner of my eye through the windows 2 toms strutting to the decoy which was 20yds in front of me. They ended up coming out in front of the shack and I gave him a round from the benelli from 25 yds and dropped him in his tracks. Hit him a little low because my gun shoots pretty tight and I didn't want to miss.
Attached Thumbnails Tagged out in Missouri-20120502_063102-1024x743-.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Awsome job hoping to do the same thing this sat. Congrats+
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you on tagging out today.. How big is the tom? Congrats on your turkey anyways..
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job being patient and making sure of your shot,ain't it a blast hunting these birds!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

I did not weigh him but I would say 21-22 lbs it had 3/4" spurs and 10 and 7" beards
Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Also going to head back out to Kansas to hunt some public ground, anybody know any hot spots I know where a few are.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mgreen81
Also going to head back out to Kansas to hunt some public ground, anybody know any hot spots I know where a few are.
Yep, if you have a mobile phone or a garmin/tom tom you can download the map for public hunting ground in kansas. Kansas Department of wildlife, parks and tourism site http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/news/KDWPT-...g-Turkey-Atlas

Map 30 #14 is a pretty nice area to hunt. It's about three miles from where I hunt on my inlaw's land. It has a large pond and a large strip pit on it and about 80 acres of timber with around 30 or so acres of pasteur. I see a lot of Turkeys around that area. In fact whenever I go out to the inlaws to scout Turkey I always drive by this wiha to see if there are any there too and usually I always spot several turkeys just driving around that mile section.

Now with that being said if you get skunked it's not my fault
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

nice bird! i'm hopefully gonna tag out in Missouri this weekend too!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

I will have to check that spot out Frank Castle thanks for the info.