Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

4/28/12 Indiana Tom

Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4/28/12 Indiana Tom

After a good morning with gobbling birds but no takers, and then getting rained on for about an hour straight, I decided to relocate, hoping the 45 minute drive would get the rain out of the way. Well, it nearly stopped but then started again after I was in the woods 20 minutes. Fought the rain trying to keep calls dry for 3 set-ups without seeing or hearing anything before the rain quit. On my fourth set-up, I did call in 4 Jakes. Relocated again and called up those same Jakes. Then decided to check one last field, figuring maybe the Toms were there trying to dry off. Saw them finally and used some cover to circle around to close the distance to less than 100 yds. Calling from behind a wooded fencerow, I yelped a few times and two toms headed my way. A strutter and another bird. They just walked on in, no hesitation. When the strutter's head appeared in a hole through the brush I let the Winchester Supreme #6 fly. The Tom flipped over backwards and flopped his last flop.

Stats: 22 lb, 10.5" beard, 29mm spurs both sides. A 3 yr old I figure.
Attached Thumbnails 4/28/12 Indiana Tom-spring-2012.jpg  

Last edited by UncleNorby; 04-30-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird. Way to stay after them.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job UN,sounds like we had a similar day in the woods and size bird.Congratulations!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on getting your turkey!!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good bird. Congrats!