Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Crazy second day of season! >

Crazy second day of season!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Crazy second day of season!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Spike

Wow, I didn't know it was that bad in some areas! I have already said that if we cross paths again it will not be the same outcome as before. Like you I love animals but anything feral ex. feral hogs can cause long problems and should be delt with!

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
Sorry to hear about the bad day. I have a feral cat working the woods I deer hunt and now turkey hunt in. It showed up at my stand location a few times during archery deer season. I am sorry, but I now have one thing for it.... I love all animals, but these feral cat (I have asked all surrounding property owners about it) are NOT pets & are out looking for hatchlings for sure. Haven't seen it this spring yet, but it's more than likely still out there. The DNR was trapping cats with conibears at Chain-o-Lakes state park in 2010-2011 due to the devastation they were causing to the turkey population there. The CO I talked to (asked him what he was doing with the traps) told me he had caught close to a dozen feral cats in the one location alone. I didn't realize there were so many of them out there....
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TurkeySlayer75
Wow, I didn't know it was that bad in some areas! I have already said that if we cross paths again it will not be the same outcome as before. Like you I love animals but anything feral ex. feral hogs can cause long problems and should be delt with!
Yes, some places can get bad. They just kept breeding. While growing up we lived next door to an amish family and they had several "barn" cats. Well the family moved away and left some or all of the cats behind. Another neighboring property had an old, dillapidated barn with old hay/straw, etc. so some of the cats decided to make a home there. Needless to say, they kept breeding & within a few years there where 30+ cats that we knew of, living on, or around the two properties. There were feral cats out there for years & years. They were wild as heck too. Couldn't get within 20 yards of them. They eventually tore the barn down and the cats eventually dispersed or died off. But like I was saying, there where cats out there for at least 10-15 years, all offspring from a few of the original amish's barn cats.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

hahaha yeah thats to good to make up!! lol tuff luck good luck in future hunts
Old 04-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Feral cats destroy a lot of wildlife especially birds.
I've even seen them catch small bunnies.