Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
opening day for Gaston County NC??? >

opening day for Gaston County NC???

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

opening day for Gaston County NC???

Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Spike

Default opening day for Gaston County NC???

does anyone here know when the opening day is for turkey season in Gaston County NC?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Dominant Buck

You're still a few weeks away. Today was opening day for youth. I had an awesome hunt with my son when after 12 mins sitting in our spot a hen almost ran over him. She came within 5' and then on by me. Next Sat is adult youth. Then the following Thursday is regular hunting I believe. I would double check that at NC.gov.

Also if you have a kid, next year remember to register before Mar. 1st for youth hunt on state property. Been doing it for years and it's awesome. So much so, now that this is the last year for my son to qualify, I'm thinking about offering myself for a guided youth hunt for a charity auction.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Spike

i looked at the NC.gov website i couldnt find anything ive also looked at ncwildlife.com website and couldnt find anything about it and could you explain what adult youth day is
Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Regular season dates:
April 14 – May 12, 2012

Youth hunting is special permit hunting if on public land. Most if not all public gamelands require you to enter into a lottery and get a special permit. Check out the special permit link on the link below. They have an under 16 youth only day permit hunt on like the first Saturday in April and then the following Saturday an adult/youth hunt. FYI, if you have private land, you don't need to get into the lottery. It's well woth it as long as you spend several days in the middle to the end of March scouting.

Here is the hunting link for NC.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting.aspx

Hunting regulations:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/...12_Hunting.pdf