HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Anyone use a B-Mobile Decoy? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/361581-anyone-use-b-mobile-decoy.html)

MIZ_hunter7 04-02-2012 10:25 AM

Anyone use a B-Mobile Decoy?

I've had this decoy for about a year. I use it and it makes the dominant gobblers go wild. It scares off the smaller toms/jakes. But I've been seeing a few people have negative thoughts about this decoy. I just wanted to know if anyone uses it, what your thoughts were. I'll never use another set up again cause it brings birds in so fast. Personally I love it. Also feel free to share how you set yours up.

ACutting 04-02-2012 10:31 AM

Haven't used mine yet but I am planning on using mine with a She-Mobile. Should do pretty good I think. They are good looking decoys and not too bulky.

steve25 04-02-2012 11:17 AM

I have a buddy that has used his and has had very good success. He only uses it on private ground because he is worried on public ground he could get shot.

He doesn't use the fan that came with it he uses one he got off a turkey he killed.

He thinks the B Mobile has helped him more than it has hurt him.

He doesn't use it on every hunt though.

Larswildu 04-02-2012 04:07 PM

they are great helped me get my single season royal slam last year

swampbuster 04-02-2012 05:22 PM

It helped me kill my first turkey, but every bird does not act or react to it the same way. I have had big turkeys keep there distance and two year olds come right on in

RIStrutStopper 04-02-2012 06:47 PM

Planning to use mine for the first time this season. I have a swingin' hen on order that I plan to use it with.

Supermag43 04-02-2012 11:55 PM

This will be my third season and it has been the demise of several longbeards. Either I was Shootin or buddies were. My first one got mangled pretty good the first year. Anyway I think any dekes will serve their purpose one way or the other. If they draw the attention of oncoming birds. Its just fine me. Lol!

JW 04-04-2012 02:29 AM

It can be real good for you or it can be real bad. Sub-dominant birds will shy away from it and stay out of range. So do be aware of that. I like to place mine close and make it look as natural as possible. I have been experimentin g with strutting toms long before these came out. They can work beyond your belief. You all seen the videos. Or it will make a good Tom stay away as I have had it both ways. I have played with both a real tom fan and a jake fan. The jake fan worked this time somewhat. I do beleive it worked more as I pulled all his hens away from him. And this Tom was reported to me as the Tom who runs off other Toms - but he sure took his time getting to me.
JW

kellyguinn 04-04-2012 03:42 AM

I have the jake-mobile and the she-mobile. I'll be using the jake heavily this year to get a good opinion. I put a real fan on it and it looks like a worn out Jake.. lol

The she-mobile was great last year. The only complaint is the 2 piece stake. Its very easy to drop the bottom half on the way in to set up.

DTC 04-04-2012 07:27 AM

I bought a B-Mobile and used it less than half a dozen times. Birds seemed to shy away from it. Sold it to a guy on here and bought Jake Mobile. Had really good luck with it in MO and NE.