Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Ticks & Hunting Clothes An Observation >

Ticks & Hunting Clothes An Observation

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ticks & Hunting Clothes An Observation

Old 04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Ticks & Hunting Clothes An Observation

I use Sawyer Tick repellent and made an observation yesterday while scouting with my Buddy Kent. We pulled 20 to 30 ticks off him and I found 2 on me,he uses deep woods off with deet . I watched one or those drop dead off my pants, the other I watched struggle to climb up my pant leg. He was in bluejeans and I wear only light colored clothing and my pants are a tight weave slick material that the ticks have a hard time clinging to.
The Brand is Sonoma which are sold at Kohles stores and they convert into a pair of shorts which is nice when it's hot.They are 70 percent cotton and 30 percent Nylon very thin. i think the nylon is what makes them slick. Also when moving through briars they don't allow the stickers to grab and penetrate them as easy as bluejeans. If it's hot this is all I wear under my bug suit,they also dry out pretty quick if you sweat real bad. This is FYI which I thought I would pass on if your loooking for something other than jeans or hot but tough Carhartt type material. This a is warm weather pant not cold.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Spike

whatever works i usally wear either acus or the marines version of acus and once i get some new pants ill wear woodland camou but i usally wear the same boots the acu desert style mcreas and they have these mini vents in them for air flow but ive hunted in 90 degree weather and the only thing that really made me hot was the face paint this stuff is pretty expensive but they r pretty tough last for ever and u look like a freakin beast in them