Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Broadheads for Turkeys This Year?!?!?!? >

Broadheads for Turkeys This Year?!?!?!?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Broadheads for Turkeys This Year?!?!?!?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Spike

Default Broadheads for Turkeys This Year?!?!?!?

Hey everyone first time turkey hunting with a bow this year and I am getting my setup ready now so I can sight everything in. I think I am going to go with the Magnus Bullheads but I don't know much about sighting them in and what arrows to use. I noticed on Magnus' website that they have a package of 2 bullheads and 2 victory arrows. Now I have only been shooting for about 4 months. So my question is that i saw that all of the Victory arrows are spined @ .300 which I'm pretty sure an arrow that is less stiff then what I am using now, and that the feathers are 4-5" long. I am using Beman Bowhunters that are .400's and they are fletched with a 2" feather. Is this to counter act the odd shape of the bullhead? I don't know I just need some guidance before it's too late to get what I need for the hunt in a month.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I aint changing one thing from my deer hunting rig to turkey cept the target!!!!! 63# Mathews Drennalin, GT Velocitys with LumeNocks, 100grn Grim Reaper Razorcut!!!! Shoots poker chips out to 35yds all day long.

Last edited by SecondChance; 03-27-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Spike

Ya I see alot of guys say that they use the same set up for deer as they do turkey. My thing is I have never been set up for either. I was also looking to see if anyone knew anything about the bullheads and how to set them up.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I aint changing one thing from my deer hunting rig to turkey cept the target!!!!! 63# Mathews Drennalin, GT Velocitys with LumeNocks, 100grn Grim Reaper Razorcut!!!! Shoots poker chips out to 35yds all day long.
Yep I've killed them with my same set up for deer. Used a rage two blade two seasons ago . It was late season last tag. Anchored a good bird. He went nowhere.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTAssassin
Ya I see alot of guys say that they use the same set up for deer as they do turkey. My thing is I have never been set up for either. I was also looking to see if anyone knew anything about the bullheads and how to set them up.
Bullheads will require you to use longer arrows than you would normally shoot unless you use longer arrows in the first place. The BH needs to clear the arrow shelf or the blades will hit...

So, this requires you to use a possibly stiffer spine, with about a inch extra in front of the bow to clear the riser and your hands. Then you need to retune your setup.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Spike

Ya I think i'm going to go with Rage 2 Blade Turkey Broadhead and use them in the fall for deer as well. I think my best bet is to go up to my local shop and have them tune everything up for me that way it's on and I can practice with confidence.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could not shoot them then. I shoot a Sniper Extreme sight system and it sticks out 8 inches in front of my bow riser. From my IBO days I guess. I would have to shoot a 40 inch arrow!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!