Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Shot pattern.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Spike

Definitely dead bird. Good luck to ya.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
A box or shell?
Holy smokes hope that's a box? Lol!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all... Im hear to tell ya there is no way that is a 40 yard pattern with Lead!!! More like 20 yards...

I've been doing this to long to buy that one...

You might want to re write that post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

A box or shell?
Nitro's are about $10 per shell, but I've found none better. My Jellyhead .660 will put 300 pellets in the 10" circle at 40 yards. That combo is the best I've shot.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Simp
Nitro's are about $10 per shell, but I've found none better. My Jellyhead .660 will put 300 pellets in the 10" circle at 40 yards. That combo is the best I've shot.
Nitro's what? Remington, or who makes them? Where do you buy these shells or who sells them?

I have shot all the major non-toxics out there and have never paid anything near that cost!!! I have shot all the Hevi-Shot, Remington HD's, Winchester Exted. Range, Federal Heavy Weights, Kent Diamond Shot, Kent Matrix. I even had/have the Hevi-Shot before they were manufactured by Remington in the original clear hull and nickel head stamp.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nitro's what? Remington, or who makes them? Where do you buy these shells or who sells them?

I have shot all the major non-toxics out there and have never paid anything near that cost!!! I have shot all the Hevi-Shot, Remington HD's, Winchester Exted. Range, Federal Heavy Weights, Kent Diamond Shot, Kent Matrix. I even had/have the Hevi-Shot before they were manufactured by Remington in the original clear hull and nickel head stamp.
Nitro is made by Nitrocompany.com. They're out of Missouri I believe and while expensive, they flat out perform. My .660 Jellyhead loves the 3.5" 4x5x7's. In a 10" circle @ 40 yards it'll put 300+ pellets in it. I bought a box of 25 about 6 years ago and haven't bought any since. That's not too bad for 5 years worth of ammo if you look at it that way.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

A box or shell?

Thats $10.00 a SHELL But all it takes is 1 a year or two if I check the pattern.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nitro is made by Nitrocompany.com. They're out of Missouri I believe and while expensive, they flat out perform. My .660 Jellyhead loves the 3.5" 4x5x7's. In a 10" circle @ 40 yards it'll put 300+ pellets in it. I bought a box of 25 about 6 years ago and haven't bought any since. That's not too bad for 5 years worth of ammo if you look at it that way.
Thats only because the shell contains a high amount of Sugar shot. The are the only company that loaded with the highest of #7 or less shot allow for the dencity in patterns on target. Since then companies have now came out with a All #7 turkey loads that are not far behind. Are they worth the $10.00 a shot ? Not one bit unless you want to blow the wind about the patterns you may get to other turkey hunters. It was the best marketing ploy out there in the Ammo world and Nitro did very well at it, but over all the dencity maybe not as good on paper with other ammo brands but the dencity of the patterns for killing birds are far from being no good in the field.

I don't mean to jump on your glory at all here I just don't like to see turkey hunters on these forums get mislead by high numbers.

Now only to let you know, I'm not blowing smoke here, I have the pictures that I would freely post up to back my comments in this reply as I have done all this testing spent hundreds of dollars in chokes and ammo and have tested the Nirto train too and have since walked away from it and settled with Hevi 13 #6 as my go too loads. At $5.00 a shot its far better for me to save and always walk out and pickup my gobblers....
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
Thats only because the shell contains a high amount of Sugar shot. The are the only company that loaded with the highest of #7 or less shot allow for the dencity in patterns on target. Since then companies have now came out with a All #7 turkey loads that are not far behind. Are they worth the $10.00 a shot ? Not one bit unless you want to blow the wind about the patterns you may get to other turkey hunters. It was the best marketing ploy out there in the Ammo world and Nitro did very well at it, but over all the dencity maybe not as good on paper with other ammo brands but the dencity of the patterns for killing birds are far from being no good in the field.

I don't mean to jump on your glory at all here I just don't like to see turkey hunters on these forums get mislead by high numbers.

Now only to let you know, I'm not blowing smoke here, I have the pictures that I would freely post up to back my comments in this reply as I have done all this testing spent hundreds of dollars in chokes and ammo and have tested the Nirto train too and have since walked away from it and settled with Hevi 13 #6 as my go too loads. At $5.00 a shot its far better for me to save and always walk out and pickup my gobblers....
Sugarshot or butterbeans, it doesn't matter as long as it goes through the turkeys head. It really isn't an issue on whether they perform or not. They do. If they didn't I'd have a few less birds than I do.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sugarshot or butterbeans, it doesn't matter as long as it goes through the turkeys head. It really isn't an issue on whether they perform or not. They do. If they didn't I'd have a few less birds than I do.

Simp, I did not want to affend you here and was Not taking any shot at you either. I just want to smooth over this Nitro train that they are the end all of turkey loads. Your right they kill birds yes I did it in Florida a number of times but they just never killed them any better then other loads.

Now you seem to be proud of the success you have had with them with your statement so just out of intrest How many birds have you taken with these shells ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.