Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Shot pattern.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
lol... didn't know I implied you were a DA. I figured you knew what you were doing and listened to what you've had to say. Believe that. What's up with that 6th grade math, Remington Nitro shells, and inexperienced turkey hunters statement. It appears there is a lot of negativity there. I was trying to get some good info and learn some things. I AM an inexperienced turkey hunter! Maybe it's just me, or maybe you don't realize you are doing it, but you give me the impression that people who don't buy the top shelf products & have turkey hunted for years, and really know their .... are an annoyance or less of person to you. Could be wrong, heaven forbid that I make a mistake. Just seems like something not right with your tone. Sorry if I upset you or something. You just go and kill your turkeys with your 60yrd gun. And I'll go kill my turkey with my cheap 30 yard Mossberg 500 & discounted, off the shelf choke.... I apologize, but I no longer want to be a part of what you're turning into a pissing match.
A typical smart a$$ is all he is. He should have called himself Mr knowitall. Yet another stab at new hunters on this board. I have no idea why the moderators here put up with it, because when I used to be one here I would not the reply would have been deleted - an no I quit the job from here, I was not removed...
Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
A typical smart a$$ is all he is. He should have called himself Mr knowitall. Yet another stab at new hunters on this board. I have no idea why the moderators here put up with it, because when I used to be one here I would not the reply would have been deleted - an no I quit the job from here, I was not removed...
I here that! I could see why some would take offense to all the derogatory statements, etc. Especially those who have a genuine interest to learn. That could turn some people away from the forum. Guess the old adage applies here, the same as everywhere else, the FACT that there's going to be one in every bunch.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Spike

Mr Longbeard does it eat you up too bad to be nice? Umm yea I bet so.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just becuase ol Mr. Longbeard doesent agree with everything that people post I should be kicked off the forum...

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 03-31-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
lol... didn't know I implied you were a DA. I figured you knew what you were doing and listened to what you've had to say. Believe that. What's up with that 6th grade math, Remington Nitro shells, and inexperienced turkey hunters statement. It appears there is a lot of negativity there. I was trying to get some good info and learn some things. I AM an inexperienced turkey hunter! Maybe it's just me, or maybe you don't realize you are doing it, but you give me the impression that people who don't buy the top shelf products & have turkey hunted for years, and really know their .... are an annoyance or less of person to you. Could be wrong, heaven forbid that I make a mistake. Just seems like something not right with your tone. Sorry if I upset you or something. You just go and kill your turkeys with your 60yrd gun. And I'll go kill my turkey with my cheap 30 yard Mossberg 500 & discounted, off the shelf choke.... I apologize, but I no longer want to be a part of what you're turning into a pissing match.

Dude sorry about the 6th grade math statement my wife is ripping me up over that lol

I aint shootin any top shelf stuff... I shot a plain ol remington 870 with a Kicks GT choke and Win HV loads... Nothing special hear...

I've just been ripped up over the last couple month over patterns and penetration of hevi shot and then your post came along...

Sorry if I hurt you didnt relize you were new to all this pattern stuff...
Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Dude sorry about the 6th grade math statement my wife is ripping me up over that lol

I aint shootin any top shelf stuff... I shot a plain ol remington 870 with a Kicks GT choke and Win HV loads... Nothing special hear...

I've just been ripped up over the last couple month over patterns and penetration of hevi shot and then your post came along...

Sorry if I hurt you didnt relize you were new to all this pattern stuff...
I accept your apology. Like I said, just trying to learn. I've deer hunted about 20 years total, but turkey hunting is totally new to me. Also shoot more black powder, bows & crossbows than shotguns. To be honest, other than getting my pheasant stamp for the occasional bird I may kick up while rabbit hunting, I haven't really hunted any type of birds or waterfowl.

P.S. You didn't "hurt" me. Just couldn't figure out why you were all fired up. Now I understand a little better since you explained yourself. And I do not think you should be kicked off the forum. Thanks & hope you have a good season.