Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
New turkey hunter here, call question >

New turkey hunter here, call question

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New turkey hunter here, call question

Old 03-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Spike

Default New turkey hunter here, call question

hoping to gear up for spring hunting. was wondering if anyone has a few good sites with recorded turkey call sounds I can practice against.

Thanks in advance

GMR
Old 03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Spike

Default Nwtf

the Nat wild turkey fed. website has some good sounds but the background noise is worse than other sites...I think Gobbleup.com has example calls...I googled turkey sounds mp3 and several sites had purrs cuts and other calls I just had too sift thru some junk(but hell thats the internet)...
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Here's another one:
http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/huntin...scriptions.htm
Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Murdy
Murdy you beat me to it! I practice my calls to those alot. Ecspecially the kee kee run. That site is definitely one that I visit often.

Geenmntranger I would start off with one of the many types of calls and master that one this season then add another one next season till you have several that you can do well. Thunder chickens can be stubborn and any inconsistency in calling can chase them away!

Good luck this season!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

NWTF website has some recorded sounds good luck
Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Granite Gobbler
the Nat wild turkey fed. website has some good sounds but the background noise is worse than other sites...I think Gobbleup.com has example calls...I googled turkey sounds mp3 and several sites had purrs cuts and other calls I just had too sift thru some junk(but hell thats the internet)...
yes .i agree with you .
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good place to start;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwk2z1O4N1U

Just like a lot of things - practice, practice, practice
Old 03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Spike

All of those sites are good sites but there are about 6-8 different types of calls for turkey what i did when i was first learning to call was made up index cards that said like Yelp - How to do it on each call and how i am expecting the turkey to respond. That way you can know what each call is and learn them little quicker and you can just take it in the field with you if your using a blind read up on them. Just a suggestion
Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

GMR

Give Ray Eye Sound of Spring a try for the real deal. Also on the FoXPro call site they have a list of free sound samples. Their list of turkey sound run the list of sounds you would use in the spring.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/fpsounds/free.php
Old 04-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Spike

You can get knight & hales CD Spittin feathers. I use to listen to it every morning driving to go hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.