HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Decoys? & ground blinds.? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/360250-decoys-ground-blinds.html)

WOODCHUCKER 03-13-2012 07:51 PM

Decoys? & ground blinds.?

Let's see them & what your using &;) your success rate with them.?

thelukai1100 03-14-2012 12:55 AM

don't use a blind but i have the Flambeu purrfect pair, they work good.
I've had 2 Jakes and a hen run up perfectly from 60+ yards, i missed.
another time i had a Big Gobbler run in from 30 yards to 10 yards got side tracked from the decoys from me moving around (getting the single shot hammer back and adrenaline) it looked at me and side steped to the decoys....smoked him!
the rest of my turkeys i ran into (before getting setup and i called in)

tjshunter13 03-14-2012 04:42 AM

I use an Ameristep G-3 ground blind and feather flex decoys. I have two jakes and two hens. That is my setup for later in the day when I move to a field setup and hunt a groundblind after I run n gun during the morning. When I run n gun, I take just a hen decoy and thats it.

maytom 03-14-2012 05:56 AM

2 deeks, a jake and hen by Feather-flex in their new "flocked finish". With getting busted by gobblers sneaking in quietly from behind or from the side, I have been using of late one of those Primos 27"X12' blinds that mask your hand movements. They are very light in weight and I carry 2 with me in my decoy bag.

RPD63 03-14-2012 02:33 PM

Primos ground blind and a DSD hen.

BUCK NUTS 03-14-2012 08:35 PM

I'm new to turkey hunting what decoys should i use

PaTurkeyHntr 03-15-2012 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by BUCK NUTS (Post 3921155)
I'm new to turkey hunting what decoys should i use

Usually jakes and hens work well. Mature gobbler decoys can be good or bad depending on the mood of the gobbler you are working. If he is up for a fight, then the mature gobbler decoy will work on him. If he has been fighting and really doesn't feel up to another round, you may run him off.
Good luck

swampbuster 03-15-2012 03:50 PM

I have never used a blind, but I plan on using one this year. I use she and b mobil, and have had good luck with them bo

Mr. Longbeard 03-15-2012 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by maytom (Post 3920937)
2 deeks, a jake and hen by Feather-flex in their new "flocked finish". With getting busted by gobblers sneaking in quietly from behind or from the side, I have been using of late one of those Primos 27"X12' blinds that mask your hand movements. They are very light in weight and I carry 2 with me in my decoy bag.

Never thought about that... Great idea!!!

BUCK NUTS 03-16-2012 08:21 PM

whats the best place in a field or hardwoods to locate turkeys and what call should i use