Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
My first bird back from taxidermist >

My first bird back from taxidermist

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

My first bird back from taxidermist

Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Thats awsome. Everytime you look at it you will remember everything about that hunt.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful........
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Very very nice good deal all around!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice ! only wish I could have a bird like that in my man cave...
Old 03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Spike

Its actually a story you wouldnt believe. I ran into my cousins husband while out to lunch on a friday afternoon. He asked what I was getting into I told him hunting in the morning. He said Im headed up tonight, come to my land. He said you've been up there before right? of course I hadnt so I took him up on the offer.

I skirted a large field and settled in about 40 yards down from the top corner of the field, tossed out some decoys then climbed through a barbed wire fence lined with short 4-5 ft cedar trees. Did a few calls and just waited, about 30 minutes later he came and crossed the corner of the field and started strutting up and down the fence line. No way I could get a shot through the thick cedars. It took about 5-6 minutes but each time he strutted away from me, I slid on my belly through the barbed wire.

Finally got through far enough I could push the gun up through the cedar tree and pull the trigger when he turned around to face me the final time.

To end the story, I had to get a new turkey vest from getting pretty much ripped into from the barbed wire and about 3 bottles of calamine lotion for the poison oak I was laying in.

For my first encounter with a turkey at all, it was pretty unique and exciting.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Spike

Looks great!!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:01 AM
Spike

DANG!!! Always somethin bad with something good. Story of my life. Always extra un needed stuff to add to a good adventure. Lol!!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice turkey mount and a great story..
Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Unlocked
Mr. Longbeard, mind showing a picture of your enclosure? I have a relative who builds cabinets and another close friend who owns a glass buisness, trying to get ideas for a case but there just arent many out there that caught my eye yet.

Man wish I could but i've got to get my ol lady to do that stuff and she HATES these forums lol...

I have a table saw and just bought some pine shelving boards and rippped them and used wood glue and big clamps and bought some plexiglass...

little hint thoe... You prob will have to assemble it in you place you want to put it because that thing is huge and prob wont fit threw most door openings lol

I found out the hard way lol
Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Spike

LOL, I hear you on that one, hopefully I can get something together in the next few weeks before my kids football tackle it and knock it off the stand its on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.